Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Near Cape May but not on beach

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:21 pm
I'm thinking of trying a trip to see dolphins etc. However DH is of the belief that a beach town means people walking around in bathing suits. How far would we have to stay away from Cape May to avoid that?

Anyone here been there in the summer? Have recommendations?

Of course, need a minyan too....

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:24 pm
You can do that in a lot of cities near the water, doesn't need to be at a beach. For example, I did a boat tour like this in Boston once.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:34 pm
We did this last summer and I don’t remember seeing anyone walking around in bathing suits. The dolphin watching cruise leaves from a regular dock. The town itself is really cute...we drove to a park with the cape may lighthouse and just driving around the pretty town was really nice.
I don’t think there is a minyan.

doctorima

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:38 pm
If your goal is simply to avoid women in bikinis, staying in a city that's 10 minutes inland should suffice. People only walk around in beach attire when they're actually at the beach or going or coming from it.

But if you need a minyan, you don't have too many options in the area. There's Atlantic City, which isn't known for its modest dress, and I don't know what else is nearby that has a weekday minyan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics