Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My three year old refuses to sleep in her own room

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:29 pm
My three year old refuses to sleep in her own room. She says she is scared and wants to be with parents so that we can watch her. I explained that we are across the hall and we leave doors open . But she still says she is scared. I have tried everything . Whenever she sleeps in her own room, she forces herself to stay awake and doesn’t sleep.

Any ideas?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:40 pm
Maybe leaving a night light or lamp on will help?
Or try by starting putting her to sleep in your bed and transferring her once she's asleep till she gets used to sleeping in her bed.
It might also help if you or DH sit in her room till she's asleep.

hodeez

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:38 pm
Maybe give her a safety blanket or something of yours to sleep with, so she can feel safe

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My three year old refuses to sleep in her own room. She says she is scared and wants to be with parents so that we can watch her. I explained that we are across the hall and we leave doors open . But she still says she is scared. I have tried everything . Whenever she sleeps in her own room, she forces herself to stay awake and doesn’t sleep.

Any ideas?

Have you addressed her fears?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:29 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Have you addressed her fears?

I’ve had many talks. She doesn’t like to be alone at night. I’ve asked if it’s bad dreams or any specific fears. She said no, but she wants to be in same room because that way she feels we are watching her. She Said she really wants someone to share a room with , she would be ok with a cousin or neighbor too (lol) However, she doesn’t have a sibling to share a room with at this point because my baby wakes up much too often. Iyh when my baby is older they will share a room

She has a whole collection of security paraphernalia . They don't seem to be doing it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:33 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Maybe leaving a night light or lamp on will help?
Or try by starting putting her to sleep in your bed and transferring her once she's asleep till she gets used to sleeping in her bed.
It might also help if you or DH sit in her room till she's asleep.

So she has a night light and I always stay with her until she’s asleep.

I never thought of transferring her - do you know anyone who has tried this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers