Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What is your immediate reaction to thread titles (Part 3)
  Previous  1  2  3 71  72  73 463  464  465  Next

Laiya

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 9:43 pm
How do u get ur kids to fight less?

Wait till they're sleeping.

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:47 pm
Here we go again.... Day camp tips!!!

Write your kids' names in their clothes.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:36 pm
Help with Sandy, wet clothing.....

If your clothing is still wet 7 years after hurricane Sandy then I think it's time to throw it out already!

dankbar

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:56 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
Here we go again.....Day Camp tips
Oh no! This better not be another 50 page thread about the sorrows of Brooklyn SAHM who must or must not have daycamp for the kids....

well there is a huge difference between living in suburbs or oot with large properties with country lifestyle versus city, small quarters in shmoiling heat, no grass or yard or nature etc...

I just visited a relative who moved out to a new community in the suburbs. Huge house, huge property & lawn/yard.
Plenty shade & cools off part of day. Large porch to lounge/shmooze/ bbq /with family swing. On lawn you can put zipline/trampoline/swingset/pool if you wish.
Just gardening/planting/pruning/ grass mowing/ cutting trees can keep you plenty busy. Just watching the raccoons/rabbits/birds / catching salamenders & frogs is an activity.
There was a lake accross from her house where you can go fishing/ watch sunset/ picnic or borrow one of neighbors boats to go boating for free.
In such large lawns you can run your own mommy camp or backyard camp with enough space for running games or sports.
Even walking the hills or rolling down the grassy hills is fun.
Just saying.
In contrast in city, where you live in building, where your neighbor looks into your pot when you open front door or open shades of windows/people are busy cleaning all day- just in case someone comes to your door to borrow or shnor & sees your entire house in one glance ( so no messes). Outside this summer was over 90 daily, no shade, nowhere to sit out, no space in or out of house....no privacy, so people need to keep the kids busy....so daycamp is almost like a mandatory social pressure & must-not to go insane

nanny24/7

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:23 am
dankbar wrote:
well there is a huge difference between living in suburbs or oot with large properties with country lifestyle versus city, small quarters in shmoiling heat, no grass or yard or nature etc...

I just visited a relative who moved out to a new community in the suburbs. Huge house, huge property & lawn/yard.
Plenty shade & cools off part of day. Large porch to lounge/shmooze/ bbq /with family swing. On lawn you can put zipline/trampoline/swingset/pool if you wish.
Just gardening/planting/pruning/ grass mowing/ cutting trees can keep you plenty busy. Just watching the raccoons/rabbits/birds / catching salamenders & frogs is an activity.
There was a lake accross from her house where you can go fishing/ watch sunset/ picnic or borrow one of neighbors boats to go boating for free.
In such large lawns you can run your own mommy camp or backyard camp with enough space for running games or sports.
Even walking the hills or rolling down the grassy hills is fun.
Just saying.
In contrast in city, where you live in building, where your neighbor looks into your pot when you open front door or open shades of windows/people are busy cleaning all day- just in case someone comes to your door to borrow or shnor & sees your entire house in one glance ( so no messes). Outside this summer was over 90 daily, no shade, nowhere to sit out, no space in or out of house....no privacy, so people need to keep the kids busy....so daycamp is almost like a mandatory social pressure & must-not to go insane

Lol. I am not sure if you are serious or just taking my bait.
I didn't mean to argue the issue one way or the other. Just saying the first thought that popped into my head when I read that thread title.
Oh and for the record I live in Brooklyn, my kids are in daycamp and I am at the very present moment technically a SAHM.

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:58 am
yes its a first world problem.

Btw I love making mommy camp even if I live in city, but its not a value thats apreciated among society here. My kids go to daycamp & only supplement with mommy camp.

It was amazing to see how my relative changed from being a real city girl upholding the values here to a real country girl overnight & discarding the sacred values of living communal life

soap suds

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 6:50 pm
Weekend home rental for 30+ heads
ISIS getaway?

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:33 pm
home for 30 heads-
go to Ripleys in Manhattan - they have a room full of shrunken heads from real people ugh!

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 7:26 am
Third breast infection

I'm not sure which is the greater problem, the fact that you have an infection or the fact that you have 3 breasts.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 4:11 pm
How much is a box of 12 lebens at Bingo?

No snark, no joke. I keep seeing that as LESBIANS. Lesbians come 12 to a box?

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:11 am
Swim head covering

Ummm... water?

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:39 am
Are you fasting in Tisha BAv?

No! No one is because it's going to be a Yom Tov!!!!!

imasinger

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 10:41 am
Do people from Bobov chassidus shave?

I think they usually have beards.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 4:36 pm
Can everyone earn a high salary?

Two words: Ibn Ezra.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 8:40 am
What are you going to cook next Shabbos?

Nothing.
I'm going to cook it all before Shabbos, be"H.

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:51 am
What is Baltimore like?

Ask Trump

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 9:48 am
What to eat - diarrhea

No thanks, Iā€™m not hungry.

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:30 am
SixOfWands wrote:
What to eat - diarrhea

No thanks, Iā€™m not hungry.

Ugh! I keep reading this as a question / answer. How about rephrasing it?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:56 pm
Shabbos in Chicago

In some bizarro alternative universe, that's a song written and performed by Baruch Manilow.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:50 pm
How many hours of sleep do you get?

Hours? Scratching Head
Page 72 of 465   Previous  1  2  3 71  72  73 463  464  465  Next Recent Topics