Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/o dream wedding

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:35 am
If you didn’t have to worry about social conventions and could have gotten married anyway you wanted, what would it have been like?

I would have been dressed in a medieval gown with a flower wreath high on a mountaintop in New Hampshire at sunset.
Love the horseback idea as well. The dancing would be in the forest, and tree trunks would have been transformed into tables for the meal, with wooden dishes.

1ofbillions

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:37 am
Backyard wedding with only the people I actually like!! And no enforced dancing for the bride cuz I felt so awkward at my wedding, it was like an out of body experience. Some people just aren’t meant to dance.

L25

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:58 am
lol. would have skipped the dancing also.
I was "lucky" that the vast majority of the wedding guests were from my side and the wedding wasn't huge so I really did feel like I was surrounded by people who loved me.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 12:01 pm
Pizza party all the way.

At my wedding, all I ate were French fries.

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:04 pm
Private wedding for just family (no friends, family friends etc.) at a high-end restaurant. Beach + sunset pictures, Outdoor chuppah with singer, dinner (basic event pictures) and then a bit of music and dancing.

I would've invited friends and everyone else to sheva brachos

DREAMING

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:47 am
A smaller wedding in a garden with immediate family and 2-3 closest friends.
Much shorter dancing.

Mayflower

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:56 am
I would have loved a sunset chuppa at the beach.

happyone

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:58 am
boat / yacht for only my family and friends . A small crowd with a start and end time where the people you care about actually stay through the entire event. start early and end early.

nchr

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:07 am
Wouldn't have had one. Just the cuppa at a shul or something with the minimum required. No guests, not even family. Would donate the money saved to charity.

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:33 pm
I wish I would have paid the photographer to stay a bit later and get some really nice outdoor intimate shots after all the guests were gone.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 2:55 am
nchr wrote:
Wouldn't have had one. Just the cuppa at a shul or something with the minimum required. No guests, not even family. Would donate the money saved to charity.

Liking was not enough! I love how you think! I was the same.

Angel

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:13 am
Same here, was begging my parents to have chuppa in shul and that's it. Though my husband does like mega so...

DVOM

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:35 am
No dancing. I hate dancing. Hot, sweaty, crowded, awkward ewww!

The setting would be someplace outdoors, maybe a farm. My backyard would be perfect actually. Any wide open green leafy space would do. Chuppah, than a homemade meal with close family and friends only. Maybe a bbq. We would all sit and talk. That's it.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:47 am
The 40-something-year-old me would have preferred the simplest, no fuss, back yard wedding with pizza or bbq and hardly any guests.... then use the ridiculous amount of money my parents actually spent on our wedding towards a year living in Israel and then a downpayment on a home.
But I’m afraid that back in my early 20’s nothing could have talked me out of the big, fancy, feeling like a princess wedding.

heidi

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:50 am
I had my dream wedding.
Very high end, Kleinfeld gown, amazing food.
If I could have changed anything to make it better I would have had a better photographer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics