Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Realistic wigs are unfair.
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:50 pm
Pollyanna wrote:
True, but nothing beats a sheitel. As pretty as hair can be, most times (yes, not always but usually) if it's a really well made wig with a lot of thought put into it, it's a million times more beautiful.

You clearly haven’t seen my natural hair. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:14 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
You clearly haven’t seen my natural hair. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

And you've clearly never seen mine. Very Happy The plainest sheitel is way nicer than my natural hair.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:18 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
And you've clearly never seen mine. Very Happy The plainest sheitel is way nicer than my natural hair.

Me too.

And for those that save their special shaitels for their own husbands, that's a beautiful thing, and you should be commended.

I feel that those expressing disdain should be careful, some comments are bordering on bullying someone trying to do a mitzvah in a way that works for her...

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:09 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Me too.

So much so that I saved it to discuss with my therapist this week.

Me three. I’m picturing an demonic alien with “glowing eyes” sucking up “the second half of her soul” for sustenance before she “sacrifices her life”

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:16 am
Realistic wigs are unfair because men can’t tell that they’re wigs, think the women are single, and make embarrassing mistakes. (Of course when men don’t wear wedding rings, women are put in a similar position.)

Women have a much better wig radar, but some wigs are so natural they fool even women with good wig radar. If you can’t get a gander at the woman’s ring finger you’re stumped.

And since a married woman might not be wearing a ring for any of many good reasons ( it’s at the jeweler being fixed, her fingers are swollen, it was lost or stolen and hasn’t been replaced, she took it off to do messy work and forgot to put it back, she takes it off when traveling in high crime areas, etc etc ) there’s really no way to tell.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:37 am
zaq wrote:
Realistic wigs are unfair because men can’t tell that they’re wigs, think the women are single, and make embarrassing mistakes. (Of course when men don’t wear wedding rings, women are put in a similar position.)

Women have a much better wig radar, but some wigs are so natural they fool even women with good wig radar. If you can’t get a gander at the woman’s ring finger you’re stumped.

And since a married woman might not be wearing a ring for any of many good reasons ( it’s at the jeweler being fixed, her fingers are swollen, it was lost or stolen and hasn’t been replaced, she took it off to do messy work and forgot to put it back, she takes it off when traveling in high crime areas, etc etc ) there’s really no way to tell.

Most married men I know don't wear a wedding ring (this I guess depends highly on community).
I haven't worn a wedding ring in ages and ages. I just don't like the feel of rings on my hands. I do not cover my hair.
Most of the women I know over age 30 no longer wear their wedding rings daily.
People should realize that there is no way to know if the adult across them is married unless they ask.

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:58 am
zaq wrote:

What kind of embarrassing mistake could a frum man make with a frum female he doesn't know? Presumably frum people are not making passes at strangers so could you please give an example?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics