Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
28 Day Fast Metabolism Diet - anyone ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 4:13 am
andrea levy wrote:
People on truly low carb diets feel amazing unless they are dehydrated. If this is low enough in inflammatory food and one is eating enough for their body, the answer is adding salt to the diet.
interesting. I never knew that.
Again I'm also really not fat. So it wasn't smart for me to go on such a strict diet without consulting with a dr first (I was really just hoping to become skinier than I already was) and the weakness should have been enough for me to realize that I'm doing something wrong but I didn't stop until I started spotting.

cinnabon

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 4:27 am
I’m not either so fat but feeling frustrated that other plans didn’t wrk for me and I would love to knock down 15-20 pounds. I really hope the weakness stage will pass because this morning I went on scale and lost 4 pounds , it really motivated me to continue!

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
interesting. I never knew that.
Again I'm also really not fat. So it wasn't smart for me to go on such a strict diet without consulting with a dr first (I was really just hoping to become skinier than I already was) and the weakness should have been enough for me to realize that I'm doing something wrong but I didn't stop until I started spotting.

The amazing feeling has nothing to do with your weight. I’m still very overweight but I feel amazing every day. Nearly every physical issue I have has resolved itself. That was unexpected.

I take extra salt so I don’t get dehydrated. Even though calories don’t matter the way we used to think they did ( for example 1200 calories of protein and 1200 calories of fat and 1200 calories of carb and not treated the same by our bodies) if one is trying to lose weight, they will eventually come into play, and it is also possible to gain weight on a low carb diet.

The main reason I do so very low carb is not having any of that struggling feeling I’ve had any other time that I tried to control my food. Also the resolution of my diabetes and hopefully other metabolic issues. Ketosis keeps my cravings at bay and makes it possible for me to stay on plan.

If that didn’t happen, I would never have survived this. I’d probably be blind and on insulin and 400 pounds, or dead.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 1:19 pm
I had 16 pounds to lose but only lost 8. Either way each diet is diff per person. Many people I know did well on it. It is a nice balanced diet with plenty of food. Stick with a plan and you'll do well.

Rappel: I heard different versions of this drink. Did you try this and find it helpful? How much of lem pool n and cayenne to how much water?

cinnabon

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 8:57 am
For whoever is on this diet- I heard of some great ideas that I’ll be trying!
For me lunch can be especially challenging cuz I work and don’t have microwave.
Tilapia with sautéed veggies in water. Homemade matbucha. Quinoa. Gonna make for tonight supper and have rest for tomorrow lunch. (Matbucha and veggies free. Tilapia protein and quinoa carb)
Another good idea is blending the tuna and all veggies with hand blender so it’s creamier and not as dry
Any other tips??

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:02 am
I made delicious salads for lunch with grilled veggies including squash, mushrooms, I loved the sweet potatoes too. On a bed of lettuce with other greens.... loved to oh include pickles too..grilled fish ( tuna steak or salmon) or chicken cutlet was delicious and didnt need to be warm. I also put a scoop of quinoa or brown rice.... was always delicious I just cried for some dressing...

cinnabon

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:22 am
You can make matbucha with broiled eggplant and roasted veggies. Add tomato paste and tomato sauce. If you mix that in salad it has some moisture.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:32 am
When I first read the title I thought you fast for 28 days. LOL

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:34 am
That's a good idea, I need to try that.... the lemon juice and salt just wasnt doing it for me...

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:35 am
Lol powder blue- somehow I think even if I did that these stubborn pounds wouldn't move!

cinnabon

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 7:35 pm
So I’m on this diet for over a week. Feeling great and light but phase 2 is oh so hard! I’m craving a muffin or cookie or something starchy to have with coffee . And my lunches are so dry and tasteless .
Can’t wait for Friday!
(More importantly , cant wait for the 28 days to be over)

cinnabon

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 7:17 pm
Hi there ! Anyone did this diet and finished the cycle? I’m done in a week from today and want to know what to do regarding maintenance .
I worked too hard to gain everything back but I can’t see myself doing this for an additional 28 days either

Rachel8177

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:47 pm
May I ask how much you lost so far? You really seem to be committed.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:39 pm
cinnabon wrote:
I know some ppl who did this diet and lost nicely. My husband and I just started the diet this week. It’s pretty difficult and strict but so far it’s manageable .
Another thing- I’m feeling pretty weak physically and I heard that it’s Normal for first weeks
Anyone here tried this diet plan?
Any tips? What’s your take on it?

I’m bumping up this thread because I searched for it cuz I’m interested in trying. At loss of trying all types of diets the past year and not sticking to any. Anyone on this thread that tried it saw rest that lasted?

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:47 pm
[quote="amother [ Slateblue ]"]I’m bumping up this thread because I searched for it cuz I’m interested in trying. At loss of trying all types of diets the past year and not sticking to any. Anyone on this thread that tried it saw rest that lasted

I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and was extremely successful. However due to a family simcha I stopped it. I'm now ready to start again yet would love to have a partner whom to report at the end of the day via text,and who should hold me accountable in case I slack off again. Are you interested?

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:56 pm
I've actually been on this diet for just over 3 months now. I've lost 27 1/2 pounds so far and feel amazing.
I did cha around the days. Started the diet on Sunday. I find it easier to have the two hardest days on Tuesday and Wednesday. And phase three Thursday through Shabbos.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise