Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Atara nicknames

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:23 pm
what are some nicknames you would use for atara?
the other name we are considering is yael but even tho I like it its a bit too simple for my taste

ROFL

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:25 pm
Tara or Tari
For Yael you can go with Ellie or Ya ya

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:30 pm
My name is Atara and I was called Tari until I made everyone stop using it lol.

Mothers

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:00 am
I think Atara and Yael are both beautiful names and much nicer than any
possible nickname(s).

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:28 pm
My daughter has a friend Tari. She is an adorable girl so I'm inclined to think of it as a cute nickname for Atara.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:59 pm
Why do you need a nickname?

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:09 pm
It’s a lovely name and a short one—why wreck it with a nickname? Chances are she’ll call herself ‘Tara when she starts to talk but let that happen organically, if at all. Nobody “needs” a nickname unless the name is really long, ugly, unpronounceable or embarrassing—none of which Atara is.

salt

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 1:57 am
Nick names don't need to be decided upon in advance in my opinion. They get 'made up' as you go along.
You may end up called her Atara-le. Tari. Ta-ta.
Sometimes nicknames end up being what the little toddlers in the family call their baby siblings.
Unless you don't really like the name, but for some reason have to use it, and you're already planning on altering it, then don't plan one. Nick names are much cuter when they just develop.

I once worked with someone who always let his wife choose their kids' names. He just had a few basic conditions. One of his conditions was that the name has to sound good with '-chik' on the end.
Like Atara-chik - probably wouldn't be one of them Smile

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 3:30 pm
salt wrote:
Nick names don't need to be decided upon in advance in my opinion. They get 'made up' as you go along.
You may end up called her Atara-le. Tari. Ta-ta.
Sometimes nicknames end up being what the little toddlers in the family call their baby siblings.
Unless you don't really like the name, but for some reason have to use it, and you're already planning on altering it, then don't plan one. Nick names are much cuter when they just develop.

I once worked with someone who always let his wife choose their kids' names. He just had a few basic conditions. One of his conditions was that the name has to sound good with '-chik' on the end.
Like Atara-chik - probably wouldn't be one of them Smile

Wait, what is "-chik"? What names is it used with?

salt

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:17 am
finallyamommy wrote:
Wait, what is "-chik"? What names is it used with?

I dunno. Maybe it wasn't chik. It was like, being able to add on some sort of familiar suffix on the end to make it sound cute. kutch, chik, whatever Smile

naomi2

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 9:08 am
Whatever you do, do not call her ta ta.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 9:30 am
I have two great-nieces (does that make me sound ancient) named Atara, and neither of them are called by a nickname. They are both such cute, smart little girls, and their name needs no embellishment.

They are not related to each other, and each of them are such personalities B"AH. Maybe it's in the name!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 9:44 am
naomi2 wrote:
Whatever you do, do not call her ta ta.
LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names