Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Visiting DD in Bnos Sarah seminary

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 8:29 am
Has anyone gone to visit their daughter while studying at Bnos Sarah? Where would you recommend to stay? Considering renting an apartment in Har Nof because of proximity, but would probably prefer convenience of hotel. All ideas welcome.

ila

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 8:56 am
Went and rented and apartment and had a great time! Loved to be close so my daughter could join us when she had some time free from clases

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 8:57 am
I did this past February. Rented a teeny studio apt 7 days on the same block as sem. It was WAAY less expensive than hotel. It also let us spend more time together. DD slept with me in the apt, used my clean shower and we chilled with fresh cooked non cafeteria food for bkfst, packed lunch. On days she went to school, she chilled and studied at the studio apt while I visited family. It was the best break for my introvert daughter.
I also rented a car so we were not limited by bus schedules and we packed lots into our week.
Look up Jerusalem Apt rentals, there are maps that show you the area of the apts. I confirmed it was 5 minute walk to the Nevei complex.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 9:39 am
Thank you! Ila, can I ask how you found your apartment?
Amother Powderblue, I went on Jerusalem rentals.com as you suggested, but they do not list any apartments in Har Nof. Was it a different rental company that you used? Do you happen to have a link? Thank you!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 1:13 pm
https://www.janglo.net/index.p.....d=170

Check this out on janglo

You can also post an inquiry on Imamother. I know a few members who have family renting apartments in the area.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 4:01 pm
I visited my dd a few years ago in Har Nof. I chose to stay in a hotel closer to the center of the city for a few days, as it was easier to get around. She would come meet me by bus. I had to go take buses to relatives and friends out of Yerushalayim. Also was nice to be near shopping, restaurants, and walking distance to the kosel. One thing that I felt was that while it was nice to have all the food from the hotel for Shabbos, the meals were kind of noisy as there was a simcha. We didn't end up using the pool or spa. Next time I think I would do an apartment just for more privacy.

ila

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 1:19 am
I got my apartment with a friend that lives in Israel... hope you find one easily
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics