Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Pasta Recipe Help

Marathon

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 7:23 pm
DH requested a pasta he once tasted in a restaurant that he really like and he would like for me to make something similar. He described it like this: Angel hair pasta with a creamy garlic sauce with salmon cubes and maybe some parsley flakes sprinkled in to the pasta.

Any recipes like these?

Please help! I would like to make it for SS!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 7:38 pm
Years ago (decades ago?) I had ribbon pasta with a garlicky Alfredo sauce and topped with cubes of salmon and flecks of parsley at My Most Favorite Dessert. It's easy to assemble those elements together.

Marathon

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:36 pm
anyone have a recipe for a garlicky alfredo sauce?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:24 pm
Recipe: Fettuccine Alfredo with Salmon

* Prep: 5 mins
* Cook: 20 mins
* Yields: 4-6 servings

Ingredients

12 ounces dry fettuccine
1 pound salmon filet, skin removed

ALFREDO SAUCE

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced - you can always add more
2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
5 ounces (142g) grated parmesan cheese
salt and ground pepper to taste

OPTIONAL

red chili flakes to taste

Directions

Cook the fettuccine to package directions. Drain and stop the cooking tossing it with cold water. Toss pasta with some olive oil.

Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the salmon. Cook for 3-6 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through half way and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook another 3-6 minutes. The cook time will depend upon how thick your salmon filet is. Be sure not to over cook it as it will continue to cook when removed from the pan and once it's in the pasta. Remove the salmon from the pan, place on a plate and set aside to cool a bit. Flake the salmon with a fork into bite sized pieces.

FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE

In the same pan that the salmon was cooked in. (Do not clean skillet) Add the shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and translucent. Add the butter, cream and wine, bring to a low boil. Add the parsley and cheese, whisk to combine. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken. Mix in the salmon and the pasta, combine well.

Serve immediately. Top with more fresh parsley for each serving.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:29 pm
Amarante wrote:

Ingredients

12 ounces dry fettuccine

ALFREDO SAUCE

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 shallot, minced

OPTIONAL

Directions

Cook the fettuccine to package directions. Drain and stop the cooking tossing it with cold water. Toss pasta with some olive oil.

Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the salmon. Cook for 3-6 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through half way and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook another 3-6 minutes. The cook time will depend upon how thick your salmon filet is. Be sure not to over cook it as it will continue to cook when removed from the pan and once it's in the pasta. Remove the salmon from the pan, place on a plate and set aside to cool a bit. Flake the salmon with a fork into bite sized pieces.

FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE

In the same pan that the salmon was cooked in. (Do not clean skillet) Add the shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and translucent. Add the butter, cream and wine, bring to a low boil. Add the parsley and cheese, whisk to combine. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken. Mix in the salmon and the pasta, combine well.

You are a good friend to have! That recipe sounds yum! Sounds tryable even. Gonna try!

Moonlight

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:35 pm
Amarante wrote:

Ingredients

12 ounces dry fettuccine

ALFREDO SAUCE

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 shallot, minced

OPTIONAL

Directions

FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE

I make this all the time but a simpler version. I got this recipe and edited to make it simpler. You can use cream cheese instead of whipping cream. I skip the shallot

ddmom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 12:25 am
Marathon wrote:
DH requested a pasta he once tasted in a restaurant that he really like and he would like for me to make something similar. He described it like this: Angel hair pasta with a creamy garlic sauce with salmon cubes and maybe some parsley flakes sprinkled in to the pasta.

Any recipes like these?

Please help! I would like to make it for SS!

Sounds delicious but how would you keep it warm until ss?
Don't think it would taste so good cold!

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 1:34 am
ddmom wrote:
Sounds delicious but how would you keep it warm until ss?
Don't think it would taste so good cold!

It wouldn’t taste good at all cold.

Shallots are just a milder form of onion with a more delicate flavor, I don’t know why someone would leave them out because the sauce was be very bland without a bit of onion flavor. Shallots aren’t more difficult to chop than garlic or onions amd of you have a little mini Cuisinart, it just takes a second.

Also if you only have onions, washing onions makes them a bit less strong. I always wash onions if I am using them in a raw salad. Vidalia onions are less strong than regular onions.

FWIW, Trader Joes sells little bags of shallots in the produce section but they are stocked in most produce sections. The Ralphs on Third and La Brea always has them.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

top mom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 4:21 am
Thanks for posting the recipe Amarante.
Thinking of trying it today

bamba

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 5:26 am
https://www.dontgobaconmyheart.....auce/

I make this one. It’s so good!

top mom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:35 am
I want to make a creamy salmon pasta dish today. They both need white wine, and I just read that you're not supposed to use wine for cooking in the 9 days. What can I substitute with?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:30 am
top mom wrote:
I want to make a creamy salmon pasta dish today. They both need white wine, and I just read that you're not supposed to use wine for cooking in the 9 days. What can I substitute with?

You can skip the wine, and add a bit of milk to thin the sauce.

I make alfredo with mushrooms, shallots, a pinch of nutmeg, and a bit of fresh ground black pepper. So fast, easy, and yummy!

Of course, it's pure calories, and I always end up wanting to lick the plate because the sauce is so good. I have to force myself not to make this too often.

top mom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:34 am
Thanks FF!

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:34 am
Substitues for white wine would be

Mild vinegar such as white wine vinegar or even apple cider vinegar. You might want to dilute the vinegar slightly to compensate for it being more acidic than wine

Lemon juice - this would need to be diluted fifty fifty

I would want some type of acid in the sauce - fish needs acid as a taste component which is why lemon juice is almost always used as the simplest way of supplying acid flavor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics