Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tel Mond

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:15 pm
Can anyone tell me about this community? Initially, we made aliyah to a certain town and now realizing that is it not for us at all. I've been doing my own very basic searches of other areas a la NBN and came across Tel Mond. Is housing plentiful? Expensive? How are the schools? The people?

Also open to other MO communities near Tel Aviv.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:30 pm
I dont know that much about the community.
If you know Hebrew, you can check out housing prices on the yad2 site.

What I do want to say is that it's not considered 'near Tel Aviv'. The rush hour traffic ro Tel Aviv and back is terrible.
There is no train station there. If you need to commute to Tel Aviv during regular business hours, you are better off choosing a city with a train station.
What kind of community are you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:30 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I dont know that much about the community.
If you know Hebrew, you can check out housing prices on the yad2 site.

What I do want to say is that it's not considered 'near Tel Aviv'. The rush hour traffic ro Tel Aviv and back is terrible.
There is no train station there. If you need to commute to Tel Aviv during regular business hours, you are better off choosing a city with a train station.
What kind of community are you looking for?

Oh no. So I think we will be crossing that one off our list. We are looking for a warm, MO community with schools that can help students coming from communities that don't teach secular material. We are making such a drastic change and definitely need all the support we can get. We're used to commuting so we can really live anywhere as long as there is a train or bus to Tel Aviv and we can get there in under 1 hour. English speaking is not a must. It'd be nice, but we all know Hebrew so a more Israeli community is okay as well.

ora_43

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:52 am
I have friends there and in Dolev, they really like it. From everything I hear it's a very nice community.

Prices are reasonable by current (obscenely high) standards. Like, it's still possible to find houses with backyards going for less than 1.5 million shekels. (although some sell for much more)

I'll try to remember to ask about the commute. I know it's a 30-40 minute drive from Tel Aviv when traffic is good, but I don't know what it's like by bus or in rush hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions