Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Sooo Charlie Horse!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 9:23 pm
Im 5 months pregnant with my 3rd and newly back to the gym after a few month break. Im remembering now after not being able to walk for 2 days just how much squats hurt me!!
I have been introducing new machines everyday. Weight machines geared toward almost any arm and leg muscle there is and NOTHING burns quite like squats!!!
Am I the only one like this?

ETA : PLS DO NOT COMMENT ON THE FACT THAT IM EXERCISING, I GOT THE GO AHEAD FROM MY DOC. JUST ASKING IF THE BURN IS NORMAL.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 9:40 pm
Did you ask your OB about going back to the gym now and doing new machines? I don't think you're supposed to start new excercises during pregnancy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 9:44 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Did you ask your OB about going back to the gym now and doing new machines? I don't think you're supposed to start new excercises during pregnancy.

Yes he was very happy and encouraging...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 9:44 pm
Maybe OP means adding back machines she used before her first trimester during which she didn't exercise?

If you didn't, definitely ask about squats. They can be specifically problematic during pregnancy, depending on how you're doing them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 9:46 pm
I edited OP

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:20 pm
Omg me!! I had been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for a few weeks before the summer and then I went away and was just walking. Did it again yesterday and I’m in pain!! My partner wanted to do it again tonight but that ain’t happening. I hope I can do it tomorrow. My arms are hurting too

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:31 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Omg me!! I had been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for a few weeks before the summer and then I went away and was just walking. Did it again yesterday and I’m in pain!! My partner wanted to do it again tonight but that ain’t happening. I hope I can do it tomorrow. My arms are hurting too

Ty for making me feel less crazy! 😘

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 10:36 pm
Fabulous wrote:

I once had a coworker doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and she’d belt out an involuntary shriek when she sat down. I’m laughing just thinking of it . You need to do the stretching afterward and every time you work out it actually feels better (though you may start hurting somewhere else as you work each muscle)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise