Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Would you find this behaviour concerning?
Previous  1  2  3

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:49 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
About 60% of these families have kids receiving services. It just doesn't make sense that ALL these kids need the services their getting. Some of them are getting them for no real reason, and it's a shame that these kids are being pulled out of school or playgroup or seeing a therapist at home when they're tired when all they really need is space and time to grow up!

It's normal for kids to have to work some things out at their own pace. If it's not interfering with his functioning and happiness and safety, I'd say wait it out, make sure to continue to empower him and make him feel secure.

All of THIS, so much. Not enough likes! Thumbs Up

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:56 pm
As a SEIT, I would say wait a year. I agree with the Poster who said evaluation CAN hurt and her daughter was wrongly diagnosed as "mildly autistic" - and when she switched schools and said nothing about the "diagnosis" her daughter did just fine.

Evaluations are not a "hard" science and is very subjective. His first teacher had no concerns and only the second teacher complained. The mother thinks he is normal. Wait until next year - and say NOTHING to the second teacher. If a second teacher also has concerns, then evaluate.

Main purpose of getting a "diagnosis" is to get services (SEIT, Speech) or Meds.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers