Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
General doctor in Lakewood area (adults)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chaya123

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:57 pm
Even a non frum office, you never know who you'll meet there. I would say just go to a good local dr and don't think about who else is there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:58 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Even a non frum office, you never know who you'll meet there. I would say just go to a good local dr and don't think about who else is there.

I don't care if I meet another patient I know. I care about people who have access to my medical records or personal information.

BeHappy!

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone recommend a general doctor (for well-visits, sick visits, etc..) in the Lakewood area for myself, DH, and adult (over 18) children?

I am specifically looking for a non-frum office. I want privacy and don't want the secretary or office staff to be my neighbor, family friend, or child's classmate.

Which practice do people use, anywhere in the general vicinity, that meets the above criteria?

TIA!

Hi! I know this thread is old, but did you find a doctor you are happy with? Also looking

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:25 am
Following!

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:22 pm
Also looking!
I've had a bad experience with young secretaries at a frum office and I'd rather not have a repeat experience. I think I might be better off just picking a random doc from my insurance website at this point.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:29 pm
Not really. At present we are using Dr Shoner's practice, but we don't feel we have the degree of privacy we want.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:38 pm
I am also interested.
I am mostly concerned about the medical assistants and nurses. It's very uncomfortable to be telling them my medical history and medications, etc. I prefer the staff not to be part of the community. I don't mind if the PAs and Drs are - assuming they're not 28 years old....

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not really. At present we are using Dr Shoner's practice, but we don't feel we have the degree of privacy we want.

So frustrating.

I must go for a well visit. I just keep pushing it off....

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:46 pm
I use Dr May. I’ve found his office staff to be professional and the other patients I see are usually geriatric. Dr May himself is the sweetest man. I didn’t love all his PAs, but I don’t think they are with the practice anymore.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:23 pm
Everyone seems to use the same 3 practices but I've found tht it's impossible to get through and get proper care when needed bec they have way too many patients......it kind of scares me bec my mom was by one of these ppl and couldn't get thru w a real real medical problem and unfortunately it spun out of control without her being able to reach Her doc. I told Her to switch but I didn't even know who to switch too honestly. R there any docs tht u can get apptmnts with? Like I don't want to turn into my mom Chas veshalom one day bieng 50 yrs old and not even knowing how to get thru to doc or having reg apptmnts scheduled to be on top my health....seems ppl don't have docs from wen done peeds till geriatrics...am I nuts? Like why doesn't lkwd open more general practice adult docs it makes 0 sense to me.

huvi22

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I use Dr May. I’ve found his office staff to be professional and the other patients I see are usually geriatric. Dr May himself is the sweetest man. I didn’t love all his PAs, but I don’t think they are with the practice anymore.

I’ve been there as well. I find that most of the office staff seems to know why you’re there.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:28 pm
huvi22 wrote:
I’ve been there as well. I find that most of the office staff seems to know why you’re there.

Maybe I’m missing the point of this thread, I’m not sure. How else could it possibly work in a doctor’s office? The doctor doesn’t schedule appointments and do billing by himself. And what if someone you know works at a third party billing company the office uses and you don’t even know they’re there behind the scenes? That’s why there are HIPAA laws etc

huvi22

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Maybe I’m missing the point of this thread, I’m not sure. How else could it possibly work in a doctor’s office? The doctor doesn’t schedule appointments and do billing by himself. And what if someone you know works at a third party billing company the office uses and you don’t even know they’re there behind the scenes? That’s why there are HIPAA laws etc

I get that. But they don’t all have to be talking about you're appt. or why you came. Obviously the one making your appt or the ma will know. There’s no need for them to discuss it amongst themselves.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:33 pm
Are you saying the office staff gossips about the patients?

huvi22

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Are you saying the office staff gossips about the patients?

Correct

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:37 pm
I would say something to the doctor.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I would say something to the doctor.

I have tried, nothing was done about it

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:51 pm
Has anyone found a non frum Dr in the surrounding areas?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:12 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Like why doesn't lkwd open more general practice adult docs it makes 0 sense to me.

Unfortunately "Lakewood" can't open a practice. You need a doctor to voluntarily CHOOSE to open his practice here. And I can see many reasons why a doctor would choose to go elsewhere.

Simple1

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:17 pm
amother Coral wrote:
This. I have tried all of the above. You are lucky if you even get to see an actual MD.

My OB told me need a new GP because she noticed I have some stuff that need care ASAP. But these places either don’t have the time to even listen to symptoms , or they are so used to routine non emergency that they don’t know how to diagnose something other than strep.

I’ve had as PA cut me off to assure me that my throat was sore due to allergies . I tried to explain I had come to discuss severe gastro and chest pain . I said wait I have more symptoms and she said just try the nasal spray ok ? And walked out

More stuff like this ...

That's crazy! But my experience with PAs (most pediatric) were that they were overcatious.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries