Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Things to do in LA with a 3 yr old

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 4:41 pm
We are planning a trip to California in a few weeks wth our 3 almost 4 yr old. Can anyone recommend Things to do? We are willing to drive anywhere. Was thinking disney but it's very expensive.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 5:21 pm
Santa Monica beach and pier may be a good option.

monkeys

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 5:59 pm
Malibu
Santa Monica
Griffith Park
Zoo
Long Beach Aquarium
Legoland
Sea world
La Jolla cove

Marina del ray boat rentals (kids love to see the harbor seals)

My kids are happy just playing at the beach.
Virginia Park in Santa Monica has a great splash pad of you want a low key day.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 6:35 pm
I wouldn't waste money for Disneyland for a 3 year old. When my brother visited with my niece when she was that age HE was frantic to go to Disneyland and so we went but it was completely wasted on her - not on him LOL She had no idea of who the characters were and they actually scared her. Honestly at that age I wouldn't spend money on any of the expensive theme rides - my niece got just as much satisfaction looking at flowers in the parking lots when she was 3.

There is a LOT that a 3 year old would appreciate though. Santa Monica beach is fun and the pier has a relatively cheap amusement park with rides that are more fun for younger kids.

The LA Zoo is very nice and they have a very interesting children's section. There is a fun prairie dog town there where you can pop up in the prairie dog holes - got some fun pictures there and great for young kids.

The Grove and Farmers Market can be a fun excursion for a 3 year old and it's free. They have a fountain in the middle with music. Depending on what day it is, they sometimes will have concerts or other events in the middle. There is also a trolley bus that runs up and down the street which kids would enjoy riding - it's free.

Here's a link to children's museums in Los Angeles

https://momsla.com/best-kid-fr.....eles/

A child that age would probably enjoy the interactive Noah's ark exhibit at the SKirball Center

https://www.skirball.org/noahs-ark

Or coordinate your visit with one of the following scheduled activities:

Toddler Tuesday Sing-Along—Every Tuesday, at 1:15 pm, join our educators for circle time and singing with your little one.

If you are unfamiliar with the SKirball Center:

The Skirball Cultural Center is a place of meeting guided by the Jewish tradition of welcoming the stranger and inspired by the American democratic ideals of freedom and equality. We welcome people of all communities and generations to participate in cultural experiences that celebrate discovery and hope, foster human connections, and call upon us to help build a more just society.

Open to the public since 1996, the Skirball has established itself as one of the world's most dynamic Jewish cultural institutions and among the leading cultural venues in Los Angeles. Come visit soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics