Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Elkins Park Philadelphia vs East Boca Florida

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:33 pm
Looking into moving to these two places- anyone info would be appreciated!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 9:16 pm
bump

iluvdovi

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:05 am
We checked out Elkins Park, super sweet community very "out of towny" feeling regarding people etc. I haven't checked out Boca but from what I understand the people are less "out of towny" more like "in town" people in an out of town place. But obviously that is an oversimplification.

shaimac1

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 7:10 am
Elkins Park is a smaller community inside the much larger Philadelphia area. You need to realize that your children's school friends good live anywhere from down the block to an hour away...the homes are nice and prices okay, but property taxes are high and tuition is 15k in most schools... not sure about Boca...what is important to you? Location, cost, tuition, jobs, climate? Maybe describe more of what you are looking for and maybe then you can find what you need! Check out OU Jewish Communities website that may help a lot too! Feel free to PM me I lived in Philly, but moved back to the Midwest...with free tuition, affordable housing, but can still make a good salary...

flmommy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 8:56 pm
Weather is sooo different. Do you like it hot or cold?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 8:59 pm
So I like it both. But we would like to be in a place thAt has less winter. Looking really for a nice laid back community with schools that work with you when it comes to tuition

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 9:21 pm
By Elkins Park are you including Rhawnhurst/Northeast Philly (not including Lower Merion)?
Because Rhawnhurst does have very affordable housing, very nice and friendly out of town community. Don't know tuition situation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating