Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
If you could have ONE Harry Potter spell.......
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

little neshamala

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 4:27 pm
librarygirl wrote:
Did you know that on an android phone if you tell Google "lumos" and "nox" it will turn your flashlight on and off?

This totally made my day. Thank you!!!

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 4:46 pm
I would want the weasley's mirror.

Or apparating.

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 5:44 pm
Legilimens!

Knowing what people are thinking would be cool...(or it would confirm my suspicions that a lot of people don't actually think much)

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 6:16 pm
librarygirl wrote:
Did you know that on an android phone if you tell Google "lumos" and "nox" it will turn your flashlight on and off?

OMG! This totally deserves its own thread! Did you know.... (little known tricks and hacks!) Go ahead! Make my day! (I have none. I'm boring that way)

iammom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 6:21 pm
debsey wrote:
I'll go first:

I really, badly want a Time Turner. I need a 56 hour day.

(My daughter says she wants Accio, but I'd rather the Time Turner).

Molly Weasley's clock has also seriously tempted me.

The time turner sounds very appealing but from the books it seems very cumbersome - you HAVE to make sure you don’t see yourself or anyone else doesn’t see you...

iammom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 6:30 pm
I would love to aparate. It’d save me sooo much time. I could wake up 1/2 hour later instead of sitting in traffic to work.

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 6:43 pm
All magical methods of travel seem to be incredibly uncomfortable. (apparating, broomsticks, port keys, floo powder, the Knight bus...) And its really ironic that the kids have to ask schlep to a muggle train station (by car!) and then travel for hours to Scotland. You'd think JKR would have at least arranged kefitzas haderech. Or several train stops en route for kids who lived further north)

Any spell that does the housework for me sounds great though. A house elf would be nice too.

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 6:59 pm
Oh man. My first thought when I opened this thread was, "Accio, of course." But wow, yeah, I want all the household spells plus a house elf, and I want an invisibility cloak, and I really want to be able to Apparate. And Muffliato would be helpful; my husband and I speak Hebrew when we don't want our daughter to understand us but she'll be going to Hebrew gan soon so we'll need to learn a new language--or just cast Muffliato and nobody will be able to hear us! Oh, and I want magical medicine, Pepperup Potion and instant bone healing and things like that.

teachkids

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 8:07 pm
Wingardium leviosa- I'm tired of getting up to put stuff where it belongs or to get it. Plus no heavy lifting or bending to get things from the floor.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:02 pm
debsey wrote:
I'll go first:

I really, badly want a Time Turner. I need a 56 hour day.

(My daughter says she wants Accio, but I'd rather the Time Turner).

Molly Weasley's clock has also seriously tempted me.

If I had a wand that only did one spell I'd start with "accio timeturner," of course.

With accio and scourgify, I'd be living the dream.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:03 pm
teachkids wrote:
Wingardium leviosa- I'm tired of getting up to put stuff where it belongs or to get it. Plus no heavy lifting or bending to get things from the floor.

Can't you go to the destination and accio the stuff to you? LOL

tigerwife

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:06 pm
youngishbear wrote:
If I had a wand that only did one spell I'd start with "accio timeturner," of course.

With accio and scourgify, I'd be living the dream.

Lol. I always say accio this and scourgify that but it never works Sad .

I wouldn’t mind a pet dragon and a Firebolt would be cool, too.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:07 pm
librarygirl wrote:

So fun!! I just tried it and it made me smile!
After much deliberation, I would want to apparate. But only if I could take my carpool with me.

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:12 pm
OutATowner wrote:
So fun!! I just tried it and it made me smile!
After much deliberation, I would want to apparate. But only if I could take my carpool with me.

That's called sidealong

OutATowner

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:33 pm
singleagain wrote:
That's called sidealong

Well it's settled then. Apparition it is.

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:53 pm
Does no one but me ever feel ever so slightly tempted by Avada Kedavra? Or am I the only one with that impulse occasionally. TMI

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:41 pm
debsey wrote:
Does no one but me ever feel ever so slightly tempted by Avada Kedavra? Or am I the only one with that impulse occasionally. TMI

Not me personally, but I have had to impose dinner table rules for my children which includes: 'No unforgivable curses at the table' LOL

gamanit

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 12:11 am
iammom wrote:
The time turner sounds very appealing but from the books it seems very cumbersome - you HAVE to make sure you don’t see yourself or anyone else doesn’t see you...

Not that complicated. One of my selves would be in bed sleeping while the other one is in the dining room folding laundry. Sounds pretty awesome to me.

gamanit

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 12:13 am
I want that spell that puts everything away where it belongs perfectly clean and if applicable folded. That includes laundry, dishes, toys, and of course teeny tiny screws. Ahhh.... amazing.

gamanit

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 12:13 am
Wait can I just get a house elf?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics