Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Five Towns hotel/place to stay?

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:21 am
Next week is our anniversary and I want to go away with my husband for a day and a night, and I want to stay pretty local, so I figured 5 Towns would be great (minyanim, restaurants, etc). We also have a gift card to a restaurant out there.

Any recommendations on a good place to stay? I'm not eager to spend too much, just enough that we feel like we had a good time away.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:29 am
The 5 Towns area is very residential. There aren't really any hotels within walking distance of kosher restaurants. There is a motel on Rockaway Tnpk but I don't know the quality. There are airport hotels nearby because of JFK. You might want to look into hotels in Long Beach. I've heard there are some nice options there, maybe even with kosher food (?).

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:30 am
Allegria Hotel in Long Beach

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:37 am
That's a little too pricey for me. I'm really not looking for somewhere fancy.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:41 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
The 5 Towns area is very residential. There aren't really any hotels within walking distance of kosher restaurants. There is a motel on Rockaway Tnpk but I don't know the quality. There are airport hotels nearby because of JFK. You might want to look into hotels in Long Beach. I've heard there are some nice options there, maybe even with kosher food (?).

This is the place on Rockaway: http://www.fivetownsinn.com/

Maybe you can find something on Airbnb or the like?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 11:57 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. Look into the JFK hotels (there are several) or Long Beach (Long Beach Hotel or Allegria). I don’t know anyone who has stayed at Five Towns Inn, but it seems like a fine, basic place.

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 2:45 pm
If all the details fall into place, the Five Towns Inn looks just want we need. Thanks!!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 3:01 pm
Great! Can we help with anything else? Restaurant recommendations, activity ideas?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 3:06 pm
Tons of hotel/motels by Kennedy airport
Which is just a few minutes away
Or you can go to the hotels in deal nj - very nice there and not as expensive

Where are you coming from?
Do you want the kosher hotels in Brooklyn?

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 4:26 pm
We're coming from Brooklyn. We have a gift card to a restaurant in Lawrence so figured we'd make a mini vacation out of it.

Leleh

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 4:29 pm
So, what can we do there for a few hours in the afternoon and after dinner? Needs to be something very tznius.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 5:02 pm
Atlantic Beach boardwalk at night is really nice. That's when all the frum people go.

Leleh

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:25 pm
Thanks everyone for your ideas! We're really excited.
Can anyone from the area give me information about the nearest, reliable shul/minyan to the Five Towns Inn?
What about a men's mikvah?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:58 pm
Why do I feel like the holiday inn is better than the five towns inn
A chain hotel seems safer to me...

Leleh

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 7:21 pm
Just wanted to tell you all that we stayed at the Five Towns Inn and it was fabulous. Highly recommend that place to anyone who needs a really nice, clean and updated place to stay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics