Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
We are owed money!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:32 pm
Just needed a place to vent anonymously.

We're owed SSI backpay for two of our children with special needs. We were depending on this money to pay August rent. August 1st came and went and SS office claimed they didn't have our paystubs (I mailed them twice in June and July and both times they didn't get them). So I dropped off the paystubs that week and borrowed $1000 from a friend to pay part of the rent.

It's August 11th now, we have a paycheck coming in on the 23rd and we have $200 until then. Can't borrow more. Lots of late bills waiting for the next paycheck plus my friend waiting for her $1000.

Just daven please that these SSI people get their act together this week! I don't think I've ever felt so poor.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:33 pm
Hope you get the money very very soon!

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:37 pm
That's so stressful! I hope you get your money very soon.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:44 pm
If you live in Brooklyn try the office on 77 &17
They helped my father when he had a problem with my sibling’s ssi
It’s very frustrating, bezras hashem the money will come through

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:54 pm
op here.

I'm in Ohio.

I've been calling a lot. Last time I called they said "well we finally GOT your paystubs so now we need to process them". As if I was late in mailing---- I TRIED to mail twice-- blame the USPS. I just wish they were nicer when answering the phone---- be a little sympathetic that I'm waiting for those funds, bah!

If I could work a full time job between all the doc appts and therapist appts and paperwork and the special needs of my children and not depend on SSI I'd be happy to do so! I have multiple degrees I'm not using.

Thanks for the support folks! I even left messages (multiple) for the "supervisor". Chas V'Shalom she returns my calls.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 11:09 pm
If it’s not too hard , May I recommend going down to an office.( I don’t know how far your local offices are) I found that it’s harder to accomplish by phone. Also for next recert send all mail registered with a return receipt so you have proof.
I feel for you. I know what my parents go through every time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:00 am
3 days later....

1) still no backpayment. They're slow as turtles and I just can't go down there. Sharing a car so I'm stuck at home with the kids between daycamp and school with no car. Every phone call is unhelpful.

2) $200 I THOUGHT I had left on a credit card is now down to $50. I guess finance charges weren't charged yet when I last looked. All cards are at their limit except for this lovely 50 bucks BUT....

3) My husband is on the standing order program with Artscroll for Gemaras for Daf Yomi. We were going to be charged $30.57 for the next Gemara. We were only charged 57 cents because he had earned 30 bucks in loyalty points. AND.....

4) Cashed out 20 bucks from Ibotta. ANDDDDDD.........

5) I remembered an old savings account I used years ago--- had forgotten about it. There was $300 there! Transferred the funds--- HaShem is listening!

SO many late bills and when the SSI money and the next paycheck finally come I'll play the game of pay the noisiest first (my friend isn't noisy but she's a priority of course!). Meanwhile I'll call SSI again tomorrow and get nowhere and I'll also call the electric company to tell them NOT to do auto withdraw this week! But we've got $350 between now and the 23rd so we can still get groceries even with a little breathing room.

THANK YOU FOR DAVENING AND KEEP DOING SO PRETTY PLEASE!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 7:40 am
I am thinking of you and praying for a quick yeshua! Hug

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 7:42 am
Don’t spend the $350. I will send you the groceries. Where are you located?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 7:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
3 days later....

1) still no backpayment. They're slow as turtles and I just can't go down there. Sharing a car so I'm stuck at home with the kids between daycamp and school with no car. Every phone call is unhelpful.

2) $200 I THOUGHT I had left on a credit card is now down to $50. I guess finance charges weren't charged yet when I last looked. All cards are at their limit except for this lovely 50 bucks BUT....

3) My husband is on the standing order program with Artscroll for Gemaras for Daf Yomi. We were going to be charged $30.57 for the next Gemara. We were only charged 57 cents because he had earned 30 bucks in loyalty points. AND.....

4) Cashed out 20 bucks from Ibotta. ANDDDDDD.........

5) I remembered an old savings account I used years ago--- had forgotten about it. There was $300 there! Transferred the funds--- HaShem is listening!

SO many late bills and when the SSI money and the next paycheck finally come I'll play the game of pay the noisiest first (my friend isn't noisy but she's a priority of course!). Meanwhile I'll call SSI again tomorrow and get nowhere and I'll also call the electric company to tell them NOT to do auto withdraw this week! But we've got $350 between now and the 23rd so we can still get groceries even with a little breathing room.

THANK YOU FOR DAVENING AND KEEP DOING SO PRETTY PLEASE!

Take your kids and go down there. Drive your husband to work if you have to. The more disturbing your kids are, the better. You are just another case on the phone. When you are in front of them frazzled, you become known.

I had a similar problem with SS after my late husband died. Bank accounts were frozen. I needed those checks. I took my special needs kids and went down there. My back SS $ was hand walked through and got my checks came immediately.

happyone

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 7:54 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Mi Keamacha Yisroel!!!

dankbar

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:25 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

You have such a good heart! You always come through to help others! You are an inspiration!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics