Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey schools (girls)
Previous  1  2

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:10 am
CC will gladly take to you, if you have enough $$$ to fork over to Leah Zaks

5S5Sr7z3

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 12:13 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

It's a huge disservice to let people know this school even exists.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 12:27 am
naturalmom5 wrote:

They rejected us even though we pay full tuitions plus donations. DH does not wear a shtreimel; however, we doven in a chassidish shul. That was enough to reject us immediately on the phone as a not good fit. Money did not give us even an interview.

Later on, I met Leah Zaks by accident, and we were dressed very similarly to the point we joked about it and chatted for a bit. I think if they had more open to meeting us, the school would have worked for DD.

The school prepares the girls academically for HS better than most others around.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 12:49 am
amother wrote:
They rejected us even though we pay full tuitions plus donations. DH does not wear a shtreimel; however, we doven in a chassidish shul. That was enough to reject us immediately on the phone as a not good fit. Money did not give us even an interview.

Later on, I met Leah Zaks by accident, and we were dressed very similarly to the point we joked about it and chatted for a bit. I think if they had more open to meeting us, the school would have worked for DD.

The school prepares the girls academically for HS better than most others around.

Count your blessings. Unfortunately my DD attended the school.

Yes, I do agree that the education is amazing and she was prepared for HS better than her classmates.

BUT it wasn't worth it. There are many more things in life that are way more important.

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 11:35 am
I'm really disturbed by the L"H in this thread.

And I'd like to say this: I have a relative who had a child with various special needs and learning disabilities, and they had a difficult time getting that child into school. The child spent a year at home, rejected by every school in town that could not / would not accommodate them.

CC was a pretty new school at the time and could not accommodate them either. But Rebbetzin Zaks personally drove to their house every single Friday of that school year, and dropped off a packet with whatever sheets (parsha, coloring, ABC, Aleph Bais, etc...) had been distributed to the grade level of that child, for that week, so the mother could do them with her. This was with no compensation, no siblings in the school, nada. Just a pure Chessed.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 2:10 pm
Chayalle wrote:

And I'd like to say this: I have a relative who had a child with various special needs and learning disabilities, and they had a difficult time getting that child into school. The child spent a year at home, rejected by every school in town that could not / would not accommodate them.

CC was a pretty new school at the time and could not accommodate them either. But Rebbetzin Zaks personally drove to their house every single Friday of that school year, and dropped off a packet with whatever sheets (parsha, coloring, ABC, Aleph Bais, etc...) had been distributed to the grade level of that child, for that week, so the mother could do them with her. This was with no compensation, no siblings in the school, nada. Just a pure Chessed.

Yes, she is very proud to repeat this story endlessly, and all of her other chessed cases. That does not make up for the fact that she and her husband have absolutely no problem destroying girls and their families. It's not loshon hora at all - it's preventing people from landing in the same miserable situation many of us had, some of which cost thousands in therapy to remedy the damage.

There is a certain school in Monsey that we applied to after being shown the door by this amazing rebetzin simply because she didn't like me (her words), told us that they do not accept girls from BYCC because they are usually too emotionally damaged from this amazing rebetzin and her verbal abuse.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 2:46 pm
Chayalle wrote:

Please understand that the school changed. Alot. It's not the same as it was even 10 years ago.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:23 pm
Hi op,Im wondering where u ended up sending your girls. Im looking for same as Bais Yaakov of BP, Im thinking of Bais yaakov chofeitz chaim but am hopeful they'll accept as my husband is wearing a shtreimel
Thanks

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 11:05 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Hi op,Im wondering where u ended up sending your girls. Im looking for same as Bais Yaakov of BP, Im thinking of Bais yaakov chofeitz chaim but am hopeful they'll accept as my husband is wearing a shtreimel
Thanks

I'm just wondering if you have any other info on the school, you don't believe the parents who wrote above?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children