Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New Windows?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 11:53 am
I have to put in New Windows into the house I'm moving into Iyh. I heard there are different kinds you can get. What do you suggest?

singleagain

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 11:59 am
I would look for something energy efficient... It will save on your heating/cooling bill

Also.. tempered glass?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:07 pm
In my old house, I had replaced some of the windows, and I had two different kinds: the bay windows, which have a crank handle to roll the window outwards. And the kind of windows that go up and down, and mine actually could be popped out and cleaned.

So I hated the bay windows. I found them heavy and cumbersome and difficult to open. And they also don't last as long and break more easily. In the new house I've moved to, the bay windows are old and fussy, and I will have to replace them.

The other windows were easy, a breeze. Much better.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 1:07 pm
I also really enjoy the ones that slide down into the house for easy cleaning. Even if the other ones are aestheticly pleasing, if you have a hard time getting them clean, they lose the appeal.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:30 pm
Triple pane! Not only are they super energy efficient, they keep out so much street noise. They will vastly increase the value of your house. I used them in a remodel once, and I was super impressed with the results.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 10:59 am
Bump. I'm actually replacing some windows now.

What is tempered glass? I heard some get this in the bathroom...I'm trying to figure out which upgrades are worth spending on.

Amarante

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:18 pm
Tempered glass is required in bathrooms because it shatters into pieces that don’t kill you or cause great damage. Glass in autos is also tempered for the same reason. I have never heard of people getting tempered window glass unless there are extraordinary circumstances. Maybe for a sliding door if you are afraid people might run into it by mistake.

I would research quality if the window carefully before purchasing because it is a very expensive investment. Depending on where you live, you might opt for different kinds. People in Florida or other hurricane areas upgrade to hurricane Windows for example. Some Windows are more energy efficient. Some block UVA etC.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating