Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How can you mourn the churban

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 5:28 pm

Published in this weeks Jewish Press.... every Jew who wants to rectify the churban and help bring mashiach must be vocal in speaking to their community’s Shuls and schools about this issue. Justifying kicking out Jewish children is never acceptable. I’m sure Hashem is not ok with his children being ostracized and removed from schools. We need pure ahavas chinum. You do your hishtadlus and we shouldn’t worry about anyone else as long as we have bitachon.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 5:37 pm
These children are unfortunate victims of their parents idiocy. Simple as that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 6:03 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
These children are unfortunate victims of their parents idiocy. Simple as that.

Good luck after 120 with that excuse

polka dots

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 6:21 pm
Where does the school come on here? They follow the departments of healths guidelines and they are simply not permitted to have unvaccinated kids. It’s not a personal issue.

As a side note, this is hurting the schools too. They are losing tuition and most can’t even find students to replace because they won’t know who will decide to vaccinate till the week of school.

I really agree with you that vaccines is not an excuse for sinas chinum but I don’t think not accepting these children to school is an example of that.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 6:23 pm
Not this again.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 7:09 pm
In our state, schools are required to accept philosophical and medical exemptions, yet the frum schools are refusing to heed state policy, and are being "more religious than the pope'' and are kicking out any kids who is not up to date on vaccines.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 7:19 pm
I can’t believe the JP published such drivel.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 7:48 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I can’t believe the JP published such drivel.

It’s really disappointing.

DrMom

Post Sat, Aug 10 2019, 5:20 pm
That's what's on your mind on Tisha B'Av? Srsly?

How self-absorbed.

Metukah

Post Sat, Aug 10 2019, 7:00 pm
It should be the opposite. Non vaxers, how could you mourn the churban when you cause others to be sick?

amother
White

Post Sat, Aug 10 2019, 10:00 pm
Metukah wrote:
It should be the opposite. Non vaxers, how could you mourn the churban when you cause others to be sick?

THIS!!! Shane on you bringing guilt on the innocent. how dare you put or immune suppressed children at risk and then cry about the churban?

Ravenclaw

Post Sat, Aug 10 2019, 10:01 pm
Can everyone just stop????

It’s sinas chinam like this that caused the churban. I am talking to both sides of the aisle here!

There is so much hate from both pro vaxxers and anti vaxxers and it’s just another way for the yetzer hara to make us justify hating each other. Don’t start justifying your hate and saying it’s therefore not “baseless” hatred. The yidden in the times of the bais hamikdash also had excuses.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Aug 10 2019, 10:51 pm
You are exposing immuno suppressed children and chemo patients

You are causing a massive Chilul Hashem and causing n Jews to hate us more publicly

On t b av we pray that mashiach comes and destroys the Reshoyim

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:16 pm
last year, when Rubashkin was freed, we sang and danced together and the achdus was not something the yetzer hora was able to tolerate
plus, satmar viznitz belze bobov and most other chassidus aren't fighting anymore so strongly
this is the yetzer hora's new idea. come on everyone accept it for what it si

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Published in this weeks Jewish Press.... every Jew who wants to rectify the churban and help bring mashiach must be vocal in speaking to their community’s Shuls and schools about this issue. Justifying kicking out Jewish children is never acceptable. I’m sure Hashem is not ok with his children being ostracized and removed from schools. We need pure ahavas chinum. You do your hishtadlus and we shouldn’t worry about anyone else as long as we have bitachon.

One of the things we mourn with regard to the Churban is the lack of Nevuah.

We don't have prophecy anymore, so we have to do our best and go according to what we are told by our Rabbis, health professionals, leaders, etc...

And we don't know what is or isn't okay 100%. Maybe Hashem is upset at all these parents who won't vaccinate their kids and thus cause them to be kicked out of school. Maybe Hashem wants these parents to have bitachon that their kids will be okay with the vaccines, and maybe Hashem wants them to stop harming the public and making a ruckus about this.

You say your post as if you know for sure what Hashem wants, and as if you know what we need, and what we should do. But without Nevuah, you have know way of knowing.

So I'm mourning the lack of clarity that so many in our generation suffer from. Please Hashem bring mashiach, and then we won't need any of this anymore.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:26 pm
Chayalle, I love how in every situation you presented Nevuah is that vaccinating is the "right" thing and the question is only what anti-vaxxers should do. You don't even once question that perhaps nevuah would tell you not to vaccinate or not to kick kids out or not to cause suffering to another yid.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:31 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Chayalle, I love how in every situation you presented Nevuah is that vaccinating is the "right" thing and the question is only what anti-vaxxers should do. You don't even once question that perhaps nevuah would tell you not to vaccinate or not to kick kids out or not to cause suffering to another yid.

OP already presented the anti-vax view, so I balanced it out by questioning that.

However, I don't see where I said that Nevuah says it's the right thing to vaccinate. I actually said, more than once, that we simply don't have Nevuah.

Glad you love my post, though.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 1:41 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

Without nevuah we are required to listened to our Gedolim
All our Gedolim say LISTEN TO DOCTOR
VAX
With the exception of 2 big maybes

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:35 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You are exposing immuno suppressed children and chemo patients

You are causing a massive Chilul Hashem and causing n Jews to hate us more publicly

On t b av we pray that mashiach comes and destroys the Reshoyim

But there's still hope for the misguided.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics