Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:36 pm
Looking for some entertainment here Laugh

What's something really strange or weird that you've seen? Like the stuff that makes you shake your head and just sit there for a while and try to process the experience you just had.

Twice I have seen a woman, around her late 40's out with her children and grandchildren at 8pm at night in a local mall...dressed in pajama fleece fluffy onesies.

The two incidents happened too far apart for me to confirm it was the same woman.
But it's likely.

Anon because I have told this to people IRL.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:47 pm
When I was in seminary years ago, I used to go to the nearby forest to daven or meditate (did not realize how dangerous it was back then). One day, I was sitting down looking over a little cliff. Down below, I saw a car pull up and a man get out. He then carried out either an unconscious or lifeless women in his arms and it looked like he was looking for somewhere to put her. But he didn’t find a place so returned her to the car and drove off.

I went back to the seminary and told the principal who called the police. They reported my story. I never heard anything more about what I had seen or what happened....

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:52 pm
Go to walmart when the clock strikes 7pm and everyone turns into pumpkins. Nobody functional is allowed in.

We're talking socks and sandals everywhere.
We're talking shirtless guy in sweatpants pulled up to his armpits.
We're talking lady in pjs trying to return milk.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:52 pm
I was shopping in a small store in a very heimishe neighborhood. 2 men dressed as women came in. They spoke in Yiddish and tried on chassidish turbans/snoods. Then they went on to try on shoes. They were walking around in heels.

I was a Kallah then and didn’t really know about cross dressing and trans and all meshigasein. I didn’t know if I should laugh or cry . I was horrified and shocked and entertained.

cbs880

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:01 pm
Not sure it's the trangest thing ever but definitely weird. I was walking with my daughter and we passed by a man who had a braid in his beard. I was grateful that she waited till will we were further away before she exclaimed , "ma, did you see that guy!!Surprised "

ectomorph

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:02 pm
I once fell asleep on the subway and woke up in the bronx. It was rush hour and packed, but everyone was completely silent and staring into space in one direction. I was the only white person in the car.
I looked in the other direction and saw that the doors were open and there were two guys standing with a huge black box and they handed it over to another two guys then the door is closed and everything went back to normal.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:07 pm
Quote:
..dressed in pajama fleece fluffy onesies.

OMG! I saw the title of this thread and came to post the same thing!!!
I saw a woman at Walmart in her pink candy cane fleece feet pajamas, complete with flip flops on her feet. My DD and I had to look away from each other so we wouldn't burst out laughing.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:17 pm
I can't make this stuff up. I was making a kugel and a potato I was ready to peel had a 'nose' and I could swear it looked like one of my teachers. It was before every phone had a camera... I saved that potato till it sprouted eyes and ears.. Showing to EVERYONE! ("doesn't it look like Mrs...)

I remember thinking, I hope Noone finds a potato that looks like me and shows it all around town....

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:18 pm
I used to work in a school where one mother dropped off her child every morning in pajamas. I assume she was planning on getting back into bed afterwards. But it was pretty strange to see her walk him into the classroom every day in her PJs and slippers.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:36 pm
Sometimes I really miss living in NYC. It's the one place in the world that no matter how weird you are, there is always someone weirder than you right down the street.

One time I saw a guy on a skateboard, being pulled by a team of 6 corgis. He had 3 leashes in each hand, and these dogs were obviously well trained!

Then, I saw something that made the corgi guy look absolutely boring. There was an elderly homeless man pushing a shopping cart. No big deal, right?

In the shopping cart was:

A French poodle.
A white duck.
and an albino turkey.

OK, I can understand a poodle. I could even understand a pet duck (kinda?) But where on earth do you find an ALBINO TURKEY in Manhattan? Surprised

Oh, and I used to do all of my grocery shopping at Red Apple, in the middle of the night. I went shopping in my PJs, fuzzy robe, and slippers. It worked great. Everyone thought I was insane, and nobody mugged me. LOL

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:40 pm
Not people related but still strange...

Just a few weeks ago, I saw an ant climbing up a wall while holding a dead moth that was probably 6 times the ant’s size.

Ive always been grossed out by insects, but this was too weird. I couldn’t look away.

Einikel

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:43 pm
I saw a woman completely dressed in green from her hair to her handbag and stuffed frog

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:44 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I was shopping in a small store in a very heimishe neighborhood. 2 men dressed as women came in. They spoke in Yiddish and tried on chassidish turbans/snoods. Then they went on to try on shoes. They were walking around in heels.

I was a Kallah then and didn’t really know about cross dressing and trans and all meshigasein. I didn’t know if I should laugh or cry . I was horrified and shocked and entertained.

I had the same reaction when I saw a guy with a full face of makeup for the first time. I was probably 16 or so at the time, and did not know that it was a thing.

He was behind the counter at Old Navy, and I couldn’t understand how he was able to get the job What

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:44 pm
Einikel wrote:
I saw a woman completely dressed in green from her hair to her handbag and stuffed frog

I really want to know the context for that!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:46 pm
When Dh came home from kiddush levana after 9av with a live frog.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:52 pm
Go into Sephora. There are ONLY men with makeup. And the final insult is that their make up is better than the womens'! It's disturbing!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:54 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Go into Sephora. There are ONLY men with makeup. And the final insult is that their make up is better than the womens'! It's disturbing!

The guys who work at the MAC stores are FLAWLESS! They are all really nice too, and will teach you all about highlighting and shading your foundation.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:59 pm
I’ve seen plenty of cross dressers but once I saw a guy in the mall wearing a 1950 frilly pink little girls dress, he had a short haircut which didn’t really match and was holding a kids baby stroller.

Forrealx

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:01 pm
As born and raised Dutchy I saw a lot culture is kinda different there huh. Anyhoo...
I was a teenager and I was cycling in the forest to an activity outside school without my bestfriend (a boy) and I did that because that guy needed to stay longer in his class and I was earlier off (and I was only allowed to cycle there with that guy so he could ''protect'' me but well I was way more brutal and so on by then than that guy anyhoo....

I saw two cars stopping in front of me... out of one car came a woman and of the other car came a man they hugged and kissed intensly... I witnessed cheating! And I almost wanted to say: ''weren't you guys married to another spouse?'' but well I did not give a dammm so I cycled further. Like I'm not judging them.

I saw once a psychotic person in the street claiming he was a prophet and that he was the son of G-d and I almost wanted to say ''impossible I don't have children'' and so on and I'm not schoked by that also not by trans and crossdressed persons. I'm not easily schoked. I'm schoked when I saw once an old friend back who suffered from a brain damage. That made me cry. It still makes me cry when I see him. But I don't like him anymore because he treated me like ****. I worked with mentally ill people, alzheimers and the like so I'm also not scared of weird behaviour either...

Ooh I once worked with a old woman with serious mental issues she was a hoarder and hoarded everything and she did not want me to touch her hoard materials, but it was like huge and she had lots of beautiful vintage clothing straight from the 60's in my size I felt in love with that but I was not even allowed to touch it so I drunk tea with her and talked about her issues while I was trying to clean it up...

Oh and I went for research in a pentacoast church that weirded me out that speaking in tongues and hands high...

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:08 pm
When I was a little girl, many people took along a polish cleaning woman to the bungalow colony to clean and help with child care.

Anyhow, I distinctly remember this polish cleaning lady feeding this little boy a burger. First she put it into her mouth and chewed it and then she put it into his mouth.

It’s over thirty years later and I can’t forget it.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics