Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Any good car seat alarm with out needing a smart phone?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:14 pm
Dh and I alternate bringing ds to the babysitter (not the best idea, but thats what works for our schedules.) Nothing has ever happened b'h but I'm always terrified somehow one of us will forget its our turn and we have him with us that day. We are very careful and do try to check in with each other, and told the babysitter to call if the baby doesn't come one day, but still all it takes is 10 minutes or so, not enough time that the babysitter would think something is off (we could just be a little late, traffic.... or one of us could be late in checking in with the other). Ive wanted to get some sort of alarm for along time but cant seem to find one that works without a smart phone. Today there was another story of a baby left in a car which is really scaring me....Are there any good car seat alarms that dont need a smart phone? Best if the price is under 100 if possible

motherofmunchki

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:17 pm
I've read that putting the diaper bag or a teddy bear in the front seat to visually remind you could help. I guess you would keep the bear in the car seat and put it in the front when the baby was in it.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:20 pm
Take your shoe off and put it in the back seat
No one can forget a shoe.

cbg

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:26 pm
A few weeks ago in the Readers Write section of the yated someone wrote about an evenflo car seat that has a sensor.
The writer wrote that you don’t need the evenflo car seat. You can buy the 3 replacement parts and attach it to any car seat
The writer also wrote the part numbers
Plus it was very economical

Maybe someone here saw it and knows what parts to order.
All I remember it was 3 parts

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:43 pm
cbg wrote:
A few weeks ago in the Readers Write section of the yated someone wrote about an evenflo car seat that has a sensor.
The writer wrote that you don’t need the evenflo car seat. You can buy the 3 replacement parts and attach it to any car seat
The writer also wrote the part numbers
Plus it was very economical

Maybe someone here saw it and knows what parts to order.
All I remember it was 3 parts

1. Some of the parts are out of stock.
2. The safety warnings say it’s only safe for the specific car seat it’s intended for. It’s a cool idea, but I’d be wary to use it against manufacturers safety instructions.

Just looked into this myself. If someone has a better option, I’m interested to hear.

Shabbosiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 7:07 pm
http://babyinthecar.com/

You can get it for free/minimal shipping depending on where you live. It uses basic principles of psychology. It really works if you follow the instructions. You have to put it on EVERY time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics