Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Smart meters safe or dangerous?

mammala120

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:28 pm
Hello ladies. Any experience with smartmeters or munimeters installed by con ed and how you feel about it. Did you agree to installation or opted out? Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:29 pm
Why would they be dangerous?

mammala120

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:36 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Why would they be dangerous?

1.they release radiation constantly
2. Failed correctly to read the electronic usage

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 11:34 pm
I’m opting out. I don’t want any “dirty electricity” in my house. Many ppl are complaining of headaches, tinnitus, dizziness since the installation of those meters. In addition to that, they American Cancer Society admits that this hasn’t been tested for carcinogenic effects. A word of caution though, if you do choose to opt out, you need to make sure that they leave your analog meters and do not replace it with a different digital meter though it is a bit better it’s still not okay.

mammala120

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:10 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I’m opting out. I don’t want any “dirty electricity” in my house. Many ppl are complaining of headaches, tinnitus, dizziness since the installation of those meters. In addition to that, they American Cancer Society admits that this hasn’t been tested for carcinogenic effects. A word of caution though, if you do choose to opt out, you need to make sure that they leave your analog meters and do not replace it with a different digital meter though it is a bit better it’s still not okay.

How do I do this. My meter is now outdoors. What if they go behind my back and still do it. Do I call in to con ed and tell them I am opting out?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:11 am
Do you guys use cell phones? It's the exact same radiation.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:38 am
mammala120 wrote:
1.they release radiation constantly
2. Failed correctly to read the electronic usage

We have the meters. The feedback they give is amazing. We knew some guests turned down their AC to 61°! Without the smart meter, we wouldn't have known of this abuse.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:40 am
Do you use WiFi?
Do you use cellphones?
Do you use microwaves?
Does your work have smart meters?
What about your water meters?
Do you live near a cell tower? (FYI some cell towers are on power lines or disguised as trees or are unrecognizable on roofs so think very hard before you say “no, I’d never allow that near MY family! Chances are you have many cell towers near you, with the paths crisscrossing…)
If you answered yes, well, it’s the same as having a smart meter for electricity.
I like having a smart meter - if the power goes out on Shabbos or YT it’s reported right away.
If you have questions, speak to a reputable person. Or ask ConEd. Or a radiologist. They aren’t dangerous and there are many more dangerous things you do every day.

mammala120

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:26 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Do you use WiFi?
Do you use cellphones?
Do you use microwaves?
Does your work have smart meters?
What about your water meters?
Do you live near a cell tower? (FYI some cell towers are on power lines or disguised as trees or are unrecognizable on roofs so think very hard before you say “no, I’d never allow that near MY family! Chances are you have many cell towers near you, with the paths crisscrossing…)
If you answered yes, well, it’s the same as having a smart meter for electricity.
I like having a smart meter - if the power goes out on Shabbos or YT it’s reported right away.
If you have questions, speak to a reputable person. Or ask ConEd. Or a radiologist. They aren’t dangerous and there are many more dangerous things you do every day.

I don’t use microwave
I do use cell phone
Limited WiFi
No cell tower over my head but few blocks down yes
I was told smart meters released 100tines more radiation then cellphones.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 11:13 am
I would opt out! Yes, we have a ton of electro magnetic radiation and dirty electricity from phones, wi-fi etc. Of course I use a cell (though I try not very much limit its presence right by my brain!) but we started putting on airplane mode at night, not plugging in anything close to us at night, turning off WI-fi at night etc. We are inundated all day, I want to at least give my body as big a break at might as I can! There is NO regulation of this industry. The FCC sells airspace, they don't regulate.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:05 pm
cancelling the smart meters is pricey
I saw this
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-M.....r=8-3

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:00 pm
mammala120 wrote:
How do I do this. My meter is now outdoors. What if they go behind my back and still do it. Do I call in to con ed and tell them I am opting out?

You need to contact coned. They’ll give you an opt out form to complete. Research smartmeters. You should be able to tell them apart.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:03 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Do you guys use cell phones? It's the exact same radiation.

No it’s not. It’s like being exposed to a microwave all day long.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:04 pm
mammala120 wrote:
I don’t use microwave
I do use cell phone
Limited WiFi
No cell tower over my head but few blocks down yes
I was told smart meters released 100tines more radiation then cellphones.

This!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:06 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
cancelling the smart meters is pricey
I saw this
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-M.....r=8-3

But you’ll still be exposed to dirty electricity going through your wires within your home. It’s a solution to block out your neighbors’ smart meters

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:10 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
We have the meters. The feedback they give is amazing. We knew some guests turned down their AC to 61°! Without the smart meter, we wouldn't have known of this abuse.

Do you see any increase on your bills? Ppl all over are complaining that their bills are skyrocketing since those meters were installed. When taking it up with the electricity provider, they are told that this is the accurate usage and they haven’t been paying enough until now! It’s basically a lost battle

mammala120

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:33 pm
Thankyou everyone I was already very concerned and receiving your responses helped me tremendously to make my final decision. I will be opting out of smart meters. Thankyou all very much.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:38 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Do you see any increase on your bills? Ppl all over are complaining that their bills are skyrocketing since those meters were installed. When taking it up with the electricity provider, they are told that this is the accurate usage and they haven’t been paying enough until now! It’s basically a lost battle

No. My bills haven't gone up. DH controls the temperature his smart phone. He raises the temp when the air conditioning is left too low and people are not home.

We're have a well insulated house with latest most up to date special systems. Our bills are a fraction of those with much smaller houses.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 11:15 pm
YouTube is full of scientists at hearing before it went out arguing against their safety. Its a much higher concentration than we are used to. People sensitive to it have been complaining of headaches, heart palpitations. .....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics