Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to get rid of mold on rubber of front loader?

newbie613

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:17 am
I didn't get the memo that the door to a front loader needs to be kept open so now my rubber has mold stains on it. I've tried getting it out numerous ways to no avail. Anyone have any product that they know works?

rgh

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:20 am
Yes same issue here, its gross Sad any ideas?

behappy2

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:20 am
Following

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:39 am
following as well.
I feel like I need to replace the rubber. Does anyone know if that can be done?
My clothes do not have a fresh smell after washes. What detergent are best to use for these machines?

anonymrs

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:43 am
Don't use too much detergent, keep your door open, wash your machine monthly with Affresh, make sure to clean out hair, paper, tissues, socks, etc from the gasket regularly, and if there is mold residue, clean it out with hydrogen peroxide. This is what works for my machine.

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:46 am
anonymrs wrote:
Don't use too much detergent, keep your door open, wash your machine monthly with Affresh, make sure to clean out hair, paper, tissues, socks, etc from the gasket regularly, and if there is mold residue, clean it out with hydrogen peroxide. This is what works for my machine.

I clean my machine very often with vinegar and water.
problem is the mold is under the rubber in place I cant reach.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:49 am
If the mold doesn't scrub off, that means the mold spores are embedded in the rubber. Time to replace the rubber gasket - it doesn't cost much and isn't a big deal to put in yourself.

smilethere1

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 11:55 am
I replaced my rubber and since then bh no issues..make sure after you finish using the machine for the day wipe the rubber out with paper towel so it doesnt stay wet and leave the door open.... bh no issues since

egam

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 11:59 am
newbie613 wrote:
I didn't get the memo that the door to a front loader needs to be kept open so now my rubber has mold stains on it. I've tried getting it out numerous ways to no avail. Anyone have any product that they know works?

How is it safe? What if some curious child climbs in it?

newbie613

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:02 pm
egam wrote:
How is it safe? What if some curious child climbs in it?

I don't have that concern yet but I would figure that out when I do. Probably just make sure to close the laundry room door.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:03 pm
I've always kept my door open and it still gets moldy and gross. I don't know why the companies don't do anything about this. The drawer I take out and scrub every 2,3 months and it comes out clean.

egam

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:07 pm
newbie613 wrote:
I don't have that concern yet but I would figure that out when I do. Probably just make sure to close the laundry room door.

That’s if you have a door. I don’t. You are required to take the door off when disposing of the appliance exactly for this reason.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:09 pm
smilethere1 wrote:
I replaced my rubber and since then bh no issues..make sure after you finish using the machine for the day wipe the rubber out with paper towel so it doesnt stay wet and leave the door open.... bh no issues since

Where do you order a replacement rubber from?

newbie613

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:09 pm
egam wrote:
That’s if you have a door. I don’t. You are required to take the door off when disposing of the appliance exactly for this reason.

this should work well for you https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N.....dp_it

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:51 pm
newbie613 wrote:
this should work well for you https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N.....dp_it

This.

There are a few options to keep door slightly adjar without being fully open. Search Amazon for laundry lasso and you will find a few products besides for the one linked above.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 1:44 pm
I had to use a few boxes of Affresh and finally the smell went away. I just got a front loader about a year ago.

I cannot understand why washing machine companies that develop a machine to be used with WATER, make it so simple for mold to grow! I should've gotten a top loader again!

smilethere1

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:49 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Where do you order a replacement rubber from?

So I actually called down a appliance repair guy and paid a fortune...just from watching him do it seemed pretty simple if I would need to do again I would just look up some you tube videos on how to do it...looked really easy. And I guess google it to find a site that sells replacement parts
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry