Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:15 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Go into Sephora. There are ONLY men with makeup. And the final insult is that their make up is better than the womens'! It's disturbing!

Oh, it could be worse. I once ran into a cross-dresser wearing the same dress as me. And it looked a lot better on him. For gosh sakes. You'd think I could at least wear my dress better than a man, but in that case, not so much.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:37 pm
This was more spooky then strange. Was walking in the PICU when a nurse manager runs over to me telling me to turn around and not continue walking in the direction I was going as there’s something going on. There were many doctors and nurses huddled around that room with the code cart and open chest cart there and in a little isolette with what looked like a lifeless baby. Later that day as I pass by the room again I see this baby- intubated and hooked up to a bunch of iv lines. The way the baby was positioned and The Whole “matzav” was scary and I’ve seen plenty.... but this kid looked lifeless. And I couldn’t understand why there were no nurses in the room or family members if the kid is sooo sick... a couple of hours later as I pass the room again I see it’s empty. I was so bothered by it and felt like I needed ‘closure’.
Well, I got my closure. The next day in the hallway to a side room- there is our “baby” a lifeless doll who was apparently used for a training session...

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Oh, it could be worse. I once ran into a cross-dresser wearing the same dress as me. And it looked a lot better on him. For gosh sakes. You'd think I could at least wear my dress better than a man, but in that case, not so much.
Can't Believe It

I feel your pain...
When I was younger I was always fascinated by Scottish people wearing kilts. It was BIZZAAAARRE to me. At one parade I begged my mother if I could please see what he was wearing under his 'skirt.' I was waaayy to young to know what I was looking for. But my mother won't let me forget this...

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:43 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
This was more spooky then strange. Was walking in the PICU when a nurse manager runs over to me telling me to turn around and not continue walking in the direction I was going as there’s something going on. There were many doctors and nurses huddled around that room with the code cart and open chest cart there and in a little isolette with what looked like a lifeless baby. Later that day as I pass by the room again I see this baby- intubated and hooked up to a bunch of iv lines. The way the baby was positioned and The Whole “matzav” was scary and I’ve seen plenty.... but this kid looked lifeless. And I couldn’t understand why there were no nurses in the room or family members if the kid is sooo sick... a couple of hours later as I pass the room again I see it’s empty. I was so bothered by it and felt like I needed ‘closure’.
Well, I got my closure. The next day in the hallway to a side room- there is our “baby” a lifeless doll who was apparently used for a training session...

That's funny. It's actually pretty standard for hospitals to conduct a "mock code." I could see how the baby mannequin appeared realistic from a distance though and would be pretty freaked out not knowing that it wasn't real.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:04 pm
When I was around age 12 , A pickup truck came zooming past my house. There was a motorcycle in the back of the pickup truck And the rider of the motor cycle was sitting on the motorcycle. The pickup truck past right by me, hit a pothole and the entire motorcycle with rider included flew threw the air and landed on the sidewalk. The motorcycle was totaled. The guy was badly scraped. And I didn’t know what in heavens name , I actually just witnessed.

On a weekly basis our neighbor next door (extremely obese) would stand completely nude (not a strip of undies on) while she washed her dishes, with her kitchen window shade wide open. She once caught me (age 6) staring down at her.

There was a woman in my fathers shul that would show up wrapped in scarves and shawls, multiple hats , layers of mittens and multiple sweaters , even in the summertime. She’d then begin a ritual removing layer by layer and folding them on a bench. Then once she was done she’d proceed to put each item back on. It was beyond creepy.

I saw a guy walking a pet ferret on a leash in Manhattan.

When I was age 3 or 4 , I was sitting on a school bus parked in the front of daycamp waiting for the bus to load and depart. A van sitting in traffic was right next to the bus. The driver in the van had his aiver out of his pants while he looked at me and smiled. He had a male passenger sitting right beside him and not finding it weird at all.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:11 pm
Ok, this is super weird and I have no idea what to make of it. I recently gave birth at shaarei tzedek hospital and was walking from the dining room of my 'machlaka' back to my room, when out of one of the other rooms comes a man dressed in what looked like a beige color scrubs, almost like hospital gown for men. He looked out of it and tired, and he was pushing one of those bassinet thingies with a baby inside. I was and still am very confused about that scene... What Scratching Head

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for some entertainment here Laugh

What's something really strange or weird that you've seen? Like the stuff that makes you shake your head and just sit there for a while and try to process the experience you just had.

Twice I have seen a woman, around her late 40's out with her children and grandchildren at 8pm at night in a local mall...dressed in pajama fleece fluffy onesies.

The two incidents happened too far apart for me to confirm it was the same woman.
But it's likely.

Anon because I have told this to people IRL.

A man m#sturbating in a mall right in front of me!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:46 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Ok, this is super weird and I have no idea what to make of it. I recently gave birth at shaarei tzedek hospital and was walking from the dining room of my 'machlaka' back to my room, when out of one of the other rooms comes a man dressed in what looked like a beige color scrubs, almost like hospital gown for men. He looked out of it and tired, and he was pushing one of those bassinet thingies with a baby inside. I was and still am very confused about that scene... What Scratching Head

Could it be that he was in the or when his wife had a c section and he didn't remove his scrubs?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:50 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Could it be that he was in the or when his wife had a c section and he didn't remove his scrubs?

Those were my exact thoughts when I read that.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:52 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
When I was around age 12 , A pickup truck came zooming past my house. There was a motorcycle in the back of the pickup truck And the rider of the motor cycle was sitting on the motorcycle. The pickup truck past right by me, hit a pothole and the entire motorcycle with rider included flew threw the air and landed on the sidewalk. The motorcycle was totaled. The guy was badly scraped. And I didn’t know what in heavens name , I actually just witnessed.

On a weekly basis our neighbor next door (extremely obese) would stand completely nude (not a strip of undies on) while she washed her dishes, with her kitchen window shade wide open. She once caught me (age 6) staring down at her.

There was a woman in my fathers shul that would show up wrapped in scarves and shawls, multiple hats , layers of mittens and multiple sweaters , even in the summertime. She’d then begin a ritual removing layer by layer and folding them on a bench. Then once she was done she’d proceed to put each item back on. It was beyond creepy.

I saw a guy walking a pet ferret on a leash in Manhattan.

When I was age 3 or 4 , I was sitting on a school bus parked in the front of daycamp waiting for the bus to load and depart. A van sitting in traffic was right next to the bus. The driver in the van had his aiver out of his pants while he looked at me and smiled. He had a male passenger sitting right beside him and not finding it weird at all.

Oh my gosh oh my gosh Surprised LOL Surprised

tichellady

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:57 pm
I don’t have much to add to this conversation- I feel very boring right now!

sweet

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:58 pm
Honestly one of the oddest things I've seen recently was when I was at the zoo with my kids and I saw a woman with what looked like a 3 year old in a snap n go. (Infant seat)
Poor child was half out of it and her feet were hanging off the sides and she looked so uncomfortable.
It was a also pretty hot day.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:19 pm
sweet wrote:
Honestly one of the oddest things I've seen recently was when I was at the zoo with my kids and I saw a woman with what looked like a 3 year old in a snap n go. (Infant seat)
Poor child was half out of it and her feet were hanging off the sides and she looked so uncomfortable.
It was a also pretty hot day.

I am pish-laughing at that image!

My turn! I once saw a flock of drag queens sashaying across the street in manhattan.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:33 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
A man m#sturbating in a mall right in front of me!

I saw (not watched) a mentally ill woman touch self (eta: darn imamother autocorrect) at a bus stop. I waited for my bus about 25 minutes and she was still at it when I got in. I found it gross and sad though, not strange. I couldn't eat for hours after I got home.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:37 pm
Walking down 13th ave (boro park) as a teenager & seeing a photo shoot where the tall female model had her hair curled into "peyos" and a fake fur "shtreimel" & mock "bekeshe" on.

Oh and who could forget the huge Swatch Bunnies in times square - mating in all different positions on the huge watch?

Oh and I was very disappointed when I turned on Ru Paul's Drag Race on tv & it was not car racing... not at all. LOL

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:39 pm
In a department store in Manhattan. A guy with a Mohawk. His hair dyed to look like a rooster..... my eyeballs almost fell out.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:02 pm
We used to have neighbours, that were hippie like. The way our houses were setup was that their house was set back next our backyard, and our house was
adjacent to their large frontyard. So basically looking out the windows of our house or on our back porch gave us a really interesting veiw of anything they did in their front yard.

Their teenage kids and friends would go out in their yard at night, when it was raining and play musical instruments and sing. Every summer, some friends would come in a painted camper van, they'd all pile in and go traveling. But nothing compared to the large love nest they built in their front yard made of branches... I had fun time trying to explain that one to my kids.

momsrus

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:12 pm
White contact lenses on a man so that only his pupils showed. Gross

I saw a man in high heals, long black hair and a bright orange long fur coat.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:18 pm
The strangest thing I ever saw was my husband trying so hard to make my granddaughter'hair while I was preparing breakfast. The confusion on his face was priceless! The brush, the elastic, the band.. Who knew it could stump a grown up!

Aylat

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:00 am
A motorbike overtook me on the highway. A big dog was sitting behind the driver.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics