Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wear a white skirt when youre expecting or have your period?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:32 pm
Am I super paranoid that I'm afraid? I don't leak.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:34 pm
Wear a slip under it and you'll be fine.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:36 pm
I’m paranoid. I’ll never forget being a young kid and my mother discovering a massive blood stain on her pale colored skirt while we were walking on 13 th avenue and she had to continue that way all the way home. I walked right behind her to “cover it up”...I guess I was traumatized enough to never let myself be in that position ever.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:36 pm
I wouldn't worry on the day you're expecting it if you're wearing a liner or pad as there's not much when it's first starting. I would totally not wear it on the second or third day as I have leaked.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 9:16 pm
Wear a tampon or pad or both.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 24 2020, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

simba

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 9:49 pm
Just not worth it. To much anxiety!

singleagain

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:05 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I wouldn't worry on the day you're expecting it if you're wearing a liner or pad as there's not much when it's first starting. I would totally not wear it on the second or third day as I have leaked.

Not everyone is like that. I have friends who have told me they wake up in a pool of blood, having started in the middle of the night. And I've read many stories online about surprising violent starts.

That being said.. I don't think I even own any white skirts... Maybe for that reason.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 10:38 pm
Wow, do so many women bleed through their clothing when they have their period?!

I consider my period to be pretty heavy, especially coming off my Mirena disaster... clots and all, I've never leaked through my clothing.

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:21 am
I remember as a 12-13 yr old when we arrived to camp & the truck with the girls' packages were delayed by a few hours & we werent allowed into rooms yet, only sat on grass for hours. Nebech one girl leaked through, & when others alerted her, she claimed it was a grass stain. Luckily her skirt was green & hot pink & not white

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:24 am
As a teen, I always had that fear of leaking thru. Only wore dark skirts in those periods of time. Always bled very heavily then.
Another fear was sleeping over by someone else, as I sometimes leaked throu my nightgown & sheets

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:28 am
That's just asking for trouble...

I still am traumatised from going to a concert with friends as a teen wearing a pale lilac dress and while we were driving there I leaked through my pad and had a big blood stain on the back of my dress.... I had to inform my friends (and my friend actually TOLD HER DAD who was driving us there) and make a fast shopping trip to replace the dress. Terrible!!!!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:31 am
I automatically tend to choose dark or patterned skirts during the heavier days... had a few leaks in my teens, not since, but the habit sticks with me.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:35 am
dankbar wrote:
As a teen, I always had that fear of leaking thru. Only wore dark skirts in those periods of time. Always bled very heavily then.
Another fear was sleeping over by someone else, as I sometimes leaked throu my nightgown & sheets

Pun intended?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:33 am
I wouldn’t. Better safe than sorry.

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:48 am
singleagain wrote:
Pun intended?

yes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics