Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler shoes $$$

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:17 pm
Is it just me or are toddlers shoes disproportionately expensive? I thought it was only the frum stores but browsing online and discovering that the brands that are recommended as healthy for toddler feet are $40 and up. That's a lot to spend on shoes that will be grown out of in 6 months or so.
What brand do you use for your toddler? Should I just swallow the cost for the sake or supportive shoes?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:23 pm
Stride rite shoes are great for toddlers. The ones in the sale section are often less than $30 and excellent quality.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:23 pm
Stride rite sale styles are the way to go. There are always sale styles

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:24 pm
Why didn't I think to check the sale section? Good point. Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:26 pm
IF THEIR OWN SITE don’t have ones you like on sale, check Zappos. I just got Shabbos shoes for my 4 year old. Same exact style was half the price on Zappos

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:34 pm
Thanks! That's good to know.

Do you find that stride rite runs true to size? My 16 month old is a size 5 wide but he's wearing sandals without socks. Should I buy 5.5 for fall since he'll be wearing socks?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:45 pm
Shoes.com always has 20% off, more often 25 or even 30%. They also often have cashback through retailmenot. I do very well with striderite and geox shoes on this site.

I also find thay oshkosh shoes are very inexpensive and run nice and wide, and they are comfortable ans supportive for toddlers.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:05 am
I recently ordered from Hoo they have good shoes and some styles are on sale.
Honestly toddler shoes fit is very important and if it's going to last 6 months then it's worth spending on.

tothepoint

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:21 am
Check out this deal:
https://www.zulily.com/p/navy-.....56527

lucky14

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:58 pm
Echoing what others said about Stride Rite. I just bought my son a pair from there that were on sale for a very good price. They have a good rewards program and you get money towards a purchase just for signing up for their program (at least that's how it was a month or so ago when I purchased from them). Free returns also. I find their shoe sizes to be very accurate.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:39 pm
I will say that the most expensive shoes I have ever purchased (and my youngest is in HS), for the kids, DH, or myself, are toddler shoes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics