Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 3:10 am
I see 'the pigeon man' on a daily basis in Ramat Gan - he feeds hoards of pigeons with money people donate and sings songs about random stuff he sees around him. Never fails to bring a smile to my face. He even started singing about me and my kids as we passed him once!! Smile

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 5:58 am
daagahminayin wrote:
When I was in seminary years ago, I used to go to the nearby forest to daven or meditate (did not realize how dangerous it was back then). One day, I was sitting down looking over a little cliff. Down below, I saw a car pull up and a man get out. He then carried out either an unconscious or lifeless women in his arms and it looked like he was looking for somewhere to put her. But he didn’t find a place so returned her to the car and drove off.

I went back to the seminary and told the principal who called the police. They reported my story. I never heard anything more about what I had seen or what happened....

This is by far the most disturbing thing I've read on this thread. You must have felt so helpless. I hope she was okay although it doesn't sound great.

Can't believe the strangest thing some people have seen is a man in women's clothing. Guess I grew up somewhere more diverse where this wouldn't stop me in my tracks. I've even seen some frum men dress as a women on Purim.

Amongst some strange things I've seen, I once was walking to my friend on shabbos and I saw a man approach a mailbox on the corner, (not the kind that you put mail into; the kind that is just locked) open it, pulled out a bag from the box (it must have had all the mail) and then walked across the street to a building and went inside. When I got home after shabbos I told my father. He called the cops who said I would have to go in to file a report. He said he didn't want to go file a report, he just wanted to tell them where it was and what happened. They don't want to take the information unless we came in. He said okay and goodbye. I didn't feel like going in and he didn't care enough to push me I guess. Teaching opportunity for civic duty lost.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:16 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

Can't believe the strangest thing some people have seen is a man in women's clothing. Guess I grew up somewhere more diverse where this wouldn't stop me in my tracks. I've even seen some frum men dress as a women on Purim.

Men in dresses don't even make me look twice. Chances are, they have no interest in me, either. I wouldn't even mind sharing a bathroom or dressing room with them.

On the other hand, I wish I had a dollar for every creep who showed me his privates and stared me right in the eyes while he did it.

Straight men are WAY more disgusting than gay men, trans, or cross dressers. Puke

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:21 am
A few things I've seen (there are more) :

- A man eating an entire, huge, block of cheese as if it were a chocolate bar (in public, outside a museum)

- A kangaroo (a small one) being driven around in a handbag in the passenger seat of a jeep.

- A man on top of a roof looking off into the sunset, um, doing things to himself (India).

Raisin

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:43 am
Identical female twins, in their 60s or 70s, walking around together in identical clothing.

yersp

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:51 am
I was about 10-12 years old (can't remember exact age) and babysitting by someone. It was around 9 at night and I was staring out the window and noticed the same two people going up and down the street. So I closed all the lights in the house and watched as they picked a car in a driveway to steal. The whole thing took maybe 15 mins tops. It was a fancy car parked in a driveway of a very fancy house.
About an hour later the owner of the house came out and discovered the car missing.
I was so happy to help out, that when the person I babysat by came home, I excitedly told her the story and ran out to the neighbors to proudly tell them I saw it happening.
What a shock when they started yelling at me why I didn't call police or shomrim!!!! How dare I just sit and watch and no NOTHING!!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:52 am
Several stories :

At the playground with the kids suddenly a man appears.. He had so many piercings and tattoos all over his face and 2 plastic horns in his forehead. They were probably 2 piercings in the shape of horns. I took the kids and ran.

Second story:

I work at Child services. We got a call from the police that a teenager had beaten his mother. My colleague and I went to the family to check up on them. The mother had a broken nose and both eyes were purple blue. She insisted it wasn't her sons fault and she was determined to continue letting him live with her. She also didn't understand why we were "bothering her".
I remember walking out of the apartment and thinking, this can't be happening.

Third: back when I was in sem, I often took the 2 bus to the Kotel. On the way back from the Kotel I sitting on the opposite site on row behind a man who was touching self and hiding it under his black hat. I found it very disturbing.

Angel

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:11 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I can't make this stuff up. I was making a kugel and a potato I was ready to peel had a 'nose' and I could swear it looked like one of my teachers. It was before every phone had a camera... I saved that potato till it sprouted eyes and ears.. Showing to EVERYONE! ("doesn't it look like Mrs...)

I remember thinking, I hope Noone finds a potato that looks like me and shows it all around town....

We need to petition Yael to get a Rolling Laughter button.
Jewishfoodie you never fail to make me smile!! I always look forward to your posts

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:36 am
In porta rico, we were driving and made a stop to get gas. Pickup truck next to us had a horse in the back of his open pickup truck! Made me smile

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:51 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Third: back when I was in sem, I often took the 2 bus to the Kotel. On the way back from the Kotel I sitting on the opposite site on row behind a man who was touching self and hiding it under his black hat. I found it very disturbing.

I could write a book on the weird things that happened me in Sem. I got proposed to by a really old haredi man in the shuk who insisted that he was a millionaire with a private airplane and could give me a good life.

In retrospect, I should have considered his proposal Tongue Out

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:03 am
Raisin wrote:
Identical female twins, in their 60s or 70s, walking around together in identical clothing.

Did they have black buns in their hair?

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:36 am
Don’t look unless you have a strong stomach.

https://I.imgur.com/3ETtc52.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/pws9bBg.jpg

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:44 am
andrea levy wrote:
Don’t look unless you have a strong stomach.

https://I.imgur.com/3ETtc52.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/pws9bBg.jpg

Explanation?

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:44 am
yersp wrote:
I was about 10-12 years old (can't remember exact age) and babysitting by someone. It was around 9 at night and I was staring out the window and noticed the same two people going up and down the street. So I closed all the lights in the house and watched as they picked a car in a driveway to steal. The whole thing took maybe 15 mins tops. It was a fancy car parked in a driveway of a very fancy house.
About an hour later the owner of the house came out and discovered the car missing.
I was so happy to help out, that when the person I babysat by came home, I excitedly told her the story and ran out to the neighbors to proudly tell them I saw it happening.
What a shock when they started yelling at me why I didn't call police or shomrim!!!! How dare I just sit and watch and no NOTHING!!

Obviously, the right thing to do was to abandon your little charges, don ur superman cape, grab your. 22, (or your bow and arrows) and chase them away in a violent manner. Duh.. You can call the police but in the middle of watching what you're not sure is a crime, (maybe they locked their keys in? Maybe they were repo men.. Who cares..) you err on the side of keeping the kids safe. What if they saw u watching by the window? To me that is scarier.

You are not obligated to be a hero or save the block. I would also hesitate to call 911 if I wasn't in my own home.

ETA: you were 10 or 12?! Are these people on drugs?

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

tf

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:47 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Obviously, the right thing to do was to abandon your little charges, don ur superman cape, grape your. 22, (or your bow and arrows) and chase them away. Duh.. You can call the police but in the liddle of watching what you're not sure is a crime, (maybe they locked their keys in? Maybe they were repo men.. Who cares..) you err on the side of keeping the kids safe. What if they saw u watching by the window? To me that is scarier.

You are not obligated to be a hero or save the block. I would also hesitate to call 911 if I wasn't in my own home.

ETA: you were 10 or 12?! Are these people on drugs?

...and possibly underage for legally babysitting.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:41 am
A man sitting on a bus in Israel holding a box with live chickens inside of it!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:58 am
Both in Midwood at night. One on a side street and one on a dead end. People making out in a car. I think the windows were dark.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:02 am
Tzutzie wrote:
In a department store in Manhattan. A guy with a Mohawk. His hair dyed to look like a rooster..... my eyeballs almost fell out.

I used to see this all the time on Hollywood Blvd in California in the 80's. Very Happy

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:03 am
thunderstorm wrote:
When I was around age 12 , A pickup truck came zooming past my house. There was a motorcycle in the back of the pickup truck And the rider of the motor cycle was sitting on the motorcycle. The pickup truck past right by me, hit a pothole and the entire motorcycle with rider included flew threw the air and landed on the sidewalk. The motorcycle was totaled. The guy was badly scraped. And I didn’t know what in heavens name , I actually just witnessed.

I saw an older man get off the back of the bus and the bus started driving away before he was completely off and fell backwards making a backwards tumble sauce. It was very scary to watch. I don't know how he was physically, but he did get up with help.

Also not strange, but very scary, also an older man lying face down on the ground. We passed after he fell and there were people watching over him until help came, but that in itself was scary to see.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:05 am
yo'ma wrote:
Both in Midwood at night. One on a side street and one on a dead end. People making out in a car. I think the windows were dark.

That's the weirdest thing you've ever seen?

You don't get out much, do you?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics