Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Found odd as a child but now....
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:08 am
... realize that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation..

Share your experiences!

I"ll start: As a 13 year old I found a used panty in between the seats of my married brother's car, and being at that age where I believed I know everything, I totally thought that I busted my brother for being a perv who keeps women's underwear as a f*tish.. LOL

I laugh about it everytime DH gets in the car with my underwear to show the dayan.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:09 am
Hahaha!!!!!

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:17 am
When I was maybe ten or eleven.. we were redoing our main bathroom. My mom insisted in a tub. I remember being confused bc we all knew how to shower. Not only do in know realize she needed to take a bath once a month... It's also very nice and relaxing.

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:20 am
I found my mothers bedika cloths and though it was meant to clean your glasses with

Last edited by momsrus on Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:26 am
True story:
A rebbi found a package of bedika cloths on a boys desk. He quietly asked the boy, "what is that?" The boy said, "oh, they are my mothers fancy glasses wipes. I found them in her purse". The rebbe told the boy that he thinks his mother really needs those wipes so he should put it back.
The mom was prob mortified, but at least there was something to laugh about in the teachers room...

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:41 am
Always thought it was weird when my father would give the wine/grape juice cups to me or to a sibling and say "give mommy first", and then some other times he would just hand it to her himself.

mrsjay

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:43 am
momsrus wrote:
I found my mothers bedika cloths and though it was meant to clean your glasses with

Same here!!! But oddest thing is my mother didn’t have glasses !

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:46 am
I didn't grow up with parents keeping TH but my daughter (4 yo) recently declared that she knew why we separated our beds. I was quite amused and asked why, to which she explained that we "needed a place to put the baby's bed". I guess she's used to the fact that most of the time I'm niddah, I'm postpartum, oy!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:48 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Always thought it was weird when my father would give the wine/grape juice cups to me or to a sibling and say "give mommy first", and then some other times he would just hand it to her himself.

Same here, but he did it always and with everyone. Maybe so we wouldn't be able to tell anything. He would always say to put down whatever we gave him, not to hand it to him directly. It was very annoying and he still does it and my mother isn't even alive. He got used to it.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:50 am
Once I saw a safety advertisement that said 'Don't drink and drive.' Which confused me because my father always took a bottle of water or soda with him when he drove. When I asked him, he laughed and said that they only meant certain kind of drinks. I didn't believe him and was always scared we would get pulled over if a cop saw him drinking a bottle of pepsi when he drove.

keym

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:52 am
When I was a kid, I just knew that the crib goes between my parents beds when the baby is little, but when the baby gets older like a few weeks old and doesnt wake up and need both parents to take care of it, the crib moves to Mommys side.

I also thought that when we went to bed, my mother did a "Mary Poppins" snapping to clean up. Boy was I disappointed to find out that doesnt happen.

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:58 am

That's exactly why Halacha prohibits from passing wine over to a wife at any time. To avoid speculation if she's clean or not.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:00 am

This is why DH always puts the wine cup down and never hands it to me directly. It's easier for us not to forget the harchaka, anyway.

My father does the same thing with the besamim by havdala- he puts it down all the time without ever handing it directly to my mother.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:01 am
Carmen Luna wrote:
That's exactly why Halacha prohibits from passing wine over to a wife at any time. To avoid speculation if she's clean or not.

Where on earth did you get that halacha prohibits it? Halacha only prohibits it when she's a niddah. Some people never do it to avoid the speculation. Some people also never hand anything to their husband in front of other people to avoid the speculation. It's a personal thing, not a halacha.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:02 am
Carmen Luna wrote:

Please provide a source for this.

Saralle

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:02 am
Carmen Luna wrote:

HUH?

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:03 am
Carmen Luna wrote:

That is definitely not halakha. Perhaps it’s a halakhic opinion. During temple times everyone knew who was tahor and who was not- it was not a private thing

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:04 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Where on earth did you get that halacha prohibits it? Halacha only prohibits it when she's a niddah. Some people never do it to avoid the speculation. Some people also never hand anything to their husband in front of other people to avoid the speculation. It's a personal thing, not a halacha.

Being that my husband is a Dayan, I believe it when he tells me a Halacha..

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:08 am
My relative is a dayan. His daughter cleaned up hid study one day and found a bag on women’s bloody panties!!!! All sizes! She was so mortified and no idea what to make of it. Took her a few years to understand.

I really hope my kids will feel comfortable to come and ask me. Not sure exactly what I would tell them in this situation but it would surly be better than what she could’ve imagined.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:08 am
Carmen Luna wrote:
Being that my husband is a Dayan, I believe it when he tells me a Halacha..

So ask him for a source.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics