Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:09 am
Weirdest thing I’ve seen? Um. My relative brought home a geshochetene chicken in a black shopping bag and left it on a chair to take care of “soon”. Which was obviously still there when I cleaned up. Uch!!! The natural reflex response....

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:23 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
That's the weirdest thing you've ever seen?

You don't get out much, do you?

I don't pay attention and that's what I remember. I was in high school at the time. Most things don't make much of an impression on me that I don't remember.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:37 am
We were driving recently on the 95 and saw a motorcycle gang - must have been at least 40 of them. They took over all the lanes and drove in different formations. Then we saw one of the front ones tap his head and it spread; they all started tapping their heads, passing the sign back- and it was only when we saw the cop on the side of the road when we realized why they were tapping....

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:15 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Lots of typical NY-BY girls won't have seen anything more strange than that. I've never seen it, but I am generally clueless. The most I've ever seen is two people kissing passionately when I came around a corner.

Can't say DH and I haven't been tempted to make out in a car, though! (DH always says that that's what dark roads in the country are for. I tell him that I'm not interested in getting hit by a car, thank you very much.)

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:35 pm
I was in Israel when I was a little girl and my grandfather had a farm. He would go on the highway in a horse drawn cart. I'm sure it was pretty strange to see

Also in Israel, about the same time, I saw a car driving on the road balancing on 3 wheels. The fourth was missing

yersp

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:39 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:

ETA: you were 10 or 12?! Are these people on drugs?

This took place about 25 years ago. Then I believe it was very common to be so young and babysit. I don't even know how I was trusted. I didn't allow my oldest to babysit at home until she became 13 and also not for too long.

Oh! And I remembered more of the story. So while the stealing was going on I called my older brother and was giving him all the details of the car and the people because he was telling me that when police will come they're gonna need all this info. Me like a good girl was memorizing everything. A short while later my brother in law drove by because he wanted to hear first hand the story. I really did feel like a hero. I witnessed a car being stolen LOL

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:48 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Both in Midwood at night. One on a side street and one on a dead end. People making out in a car. I think the windows were dark.

FranticFrummie wrote:

Now that I'm reading it again, I was trying not to be explicit, but when I say making out, I mean all the way, not f0replay.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:51 pm
momsrus wrote:
Did they have black buns in their hair?

OMG, I also used to see identical, older, twins with a bun hairstyle. It was in the Shop Rite, Avenue I area in Brooklyn.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:03 pm
The problem is that not much strikes me as all that strange.

A couple of years ago, people used to build things that can only be described as alters along the West Side Highway.

I grew up near a creek, and people used to sacrifice goats in the adjacent park. Apparently it was a Santeria ritual.

When we were teens, my friends and I were on the subway and a creepy looking guy kept staring us. Then he hiked up his pants leg to show us his knife. We switched subway cars. No incident.

Lushken

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:05 pm
Not the strangest but weird thing I saw: An old lady bending down to pick up a penny from the street on a very busy road!

invisiblecircus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:08 pm
I was waiting at some trafficlights at what is usually a very busy crossroads in the centre of town, but was not busy on this occasion as it was midnight.

As I was waiting for the light to turn green for me, a man on a unicycle cycled accross the road at 90° to me. Obviously he didn't have a light on it or anything so I didn't even see him coming until he was in the stronger light of the Junction.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:12 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
OMG, I also used to see identical, older, twins with a bun hairstyle. It was in the Shop Rite, Avenue I area in Brooklyn.
yup! I know exactly who you’re talking about ! They had black hair and wore bright red lipstick. I used to love staring at them. I think they lived in an apartment above the stores by the tracks or between the tracks and East 2nd street.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:17 pm
Goodness, I can write a novel. I grew up in the projects in the craziest borough of NYC (the Bronx LOL ). I feel like the question for me is: what isn't the strangest thing I've seen?! I've seen drug addicts literally fighting over a small piece of crack (well, that isn't really strange, just sad Crying ). I've seen pigeons and squirrels on leashes, people on drugs doing seriously crazy things, way more genitalia than I would like to have seen in my entire lifetime, transgender relations workers fighting with their Johns about money, a woman who was getting arrested licking a police's officers face, a woman being led around on a leash, pimps in pimp-attire, a family who removed the bars from their windows and somehow, someway managed to hang their grill outside of the window and grill food. To this day, I have no clue how they did it.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:52 pm
I'm not sure if this is the strangest I've seen, but definitely s/t I won't forget.
In the heart of Williamsburg I saw girl on girl action in broad daylight.
One girl wasn't wearing anything but tiny jersey shorts. The strange part was the ten year old chasidisher boy with curly peyos watching them. Can't Believe It TMI

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:54 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the strangest I've seen, but definitely s/t I won't forget.
One girl wasn't wearing anything but tiny jersey shorts. The strange part was the ten year old chasidisher boy with curly peyos watching them. Can't Believe It TMI

OMG

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:01 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Men in dresses don't even make me look twice. Chances are, they have no interest in me, either. I wouldn't even mind sharing a bathroom or dressing room with them.

On the other hand, I wish I had a dollar for every creep who showed me his privates and stared me right in the eyes while he did it.

Straight men are WAY more disgusting than gay men, trans, or cross dressers. Puke

Am I the only one that this never happened to? Not that I’m jealous lol.

Just curios

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:02 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

Yes the same ones.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

In years to come, he'll open a thread on abafather.com "Found odd as a child but now...."

Fox

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

In the shopping cart was:

A French poodle.
A white duck.
and an albino turkey.

Not quite as unusual as FF's story, but for some reason it stuck in my memory: a woman carrying a rather large lop-eared rabbit in a baby-wearing harness through the streets of Lower Manhattan.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:43 pm
I once saw a man holding a huge net sneak up on a bunch of pigeons and scoop a bunch of them into his net. Then he quickly ran into his minivan and drove away with the netfull of birds. I cannot imagine what he wanted so many pigeons for.

I was once standing outside a store, waiting for it to open, and a spoon and a syringe came flying out of an upstairs window and just missed hitting dd on the head. I told a policeman who was right there, and it turned out that it was a drug addict- the police came to his door, so he threw the evidence out the window. They took him away in an ambulance.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics