Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Why am I so incapable of planning a family vacation??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:35 pm
We live in the tri state area-
Dh loves the country air and wants to relax somewhere upstate
We have a few kids between ages 6-14
We are yeshivish and I feel so frustrated that everything I looked into has mainly chassidim. Don’t take it the wrong way... I have nothing against chassidim . In fact, they are my neighbors and we get along, kids play etc. But if we are spending down time vacation close by with others, we simply want to be with our crowd since it’s most comfortable.
We don’t have family we can join upstate.
Dh only wants to go somewhere that has minyanim- weekday and shabbos-
He isn’t really interested in running around with the kids but wants something more relaxing...
I looked into homes to rent in hunter Mountain but the only ones available are either too small or way too expensive- like $3000 for 1 week!
I called some yeshivish type bungalow colonies but nothing is available.
Where oh where can a yeshivish family take a little vacation? I KNOW we are late in planning... I was hoping SOMETHING would work out.
I’m willing to pay up to $2000 a week... even willing to schlep food....
We would travel up to 4 hours....

Anyone have any ideas???

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We live in the tri state area-
Dh loves the country air and wants to relax somewhere upstate
We have a few kids between ages 6-14
We are yeshivish and I feel so frustrated that everything I looked into has mainly chassidim. Don’t take it the wrong way... I have nothing against chassidim . In fact, they are my neighbors and we get along, kids play etc. But if we are spending down time vacation close by with others, we simply want to be with our crowd since it’s most comfortable.
We don’t have family we can join upstate.
Dh only wants to go somewhere that has minyanim- weekday and shabbos-
He isn’t really interested in running around with the kids but wants something more relaxing...
I looked into homes to rent in hunter Mountain but the only ones available are either too small or way too expensive- like $3000 for 1 week!
I called some yeshivish type bungalow colonies but nothing is available.
Where oh where can a yeshivish family take a little vacation? I KNOW we are late in planning... I was hoping SOMETHING would work out.
I’m willing to pay up to $2000 a week... even willing to schlep food....
We would travel up to 4 hours....

Anyone have any ideas???

new hampshire, Vermont and jiminy peak get yeshivish crowds.
Also heard lots of Lakewood goes to fernwood villas and Shawnee mountain in poconos.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:06 pm
Idk why Dh can’t run around with the kids a little. It’s a vacation not just lying in bed and relaxing. Just saying. He needs a change of mindset. And also you don’t need to vacation Within your crowd. Vacation is about exploring and going to new things. Mostly to have memories for the children. I’m sorry but it’s not all about Dh or about keeping within your crowd it’s mostly about the kids and the family as a whole

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:12 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Idk why Dh can’t run around with the kids a little. It’s a vacation not just lying in bed and relaxing. Just saying. He needs a change of mindset. And also you don’t need to vacation Within your crowd. Vacation is about exploring and going to new things. Mostly to have memories for the children. I’m sorry but it’s not all about Dh or about keeping within your crowd it’s mostly about the kids and the family as a whole

I didn’t understand that DH doesn’t want to be more involved. Just to go to place with change of pace and be able to relax rather then run all day. Late morning breakfast. Place to learn in morning for DH and boys. Younger Kids can run around with ball and some freedom. Outdoor lunch. Afternoon low key family trip like hike. Evening relax outside and enjoy vacation.

(Hunter and bungalows Are the best locations for this type of vacation)

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:16 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

While I agree with you, in terms of MY expectations of what a vacation is, I don't think it is appropriate for someone to tell another person what their vacation should or shouldn't be. To each their own.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:19 pm
Also try searching “tannersville shul vrbo”. Or “hunter shul vrbo”.
Options come up. You just have to ask for address to see how far from shul.

Like these
https://www.vrbo.com/968968ha?r=description

Or ask someone in hunter or tannersville to Check shul for signs.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:23 pm
Go to Miami beach. Minyanim, food, and relax and play on the beach.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:24 pm
Check out hotels near Shuls.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics