Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby name you love but will never use?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

OutATowner

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:38 am
LovesHashem wrote:
But so many names are animals

Dov
Yehuda
Devora
Ayala
Zev

etc.

Devora was also a neviah, and also means kind words. I don't think there is anything wrong with naming an animal, I would just like to understand what that animal represents. Looking into almeda of these names because of this thread. Smile

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:55 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
My favorite girl name is Nechama but I have a Menachem and it would be too weird

in my family my middle name is nechama. I have one brother who's middle name is nachum and another brother who's name is "menachem mendel" My brothers were both named after specific relatives but my father named me nechama "stam"

bigsis144

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:13 am
I love the name Ya’ir (the meaning, the sound, that it appears in Tanach), but my mother had a boyfriend named Yair while my father already knew her but before my parents got serious and got engaged.

My mother couldn’t care less if I named my kid Yair, but my father has some lingering jealousy issues and just wouldn’t get over it, LOL.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:18 am
Maya- I love it, DH thinks it sounds too Hispanic

Tirtzah- I love it, DH dated a Tirtzah and its too unique for him to get past that connotation

Talya- I love it, but I have a pet peeve when names sound too similar and my other daughter is Tehilla

Aviva Rachel-love both of them, have grandmohers with these names, hope to NEVER HAVE TO USE THEM IYH BEH!

iluvdovi

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:57 pm
OutATowner wrote:
I know but I don't know why I would name my kid a deer.

Would you name your kid Rochel/Rachel? It means a female sheep.. What

iluvdovi

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:13 pm
Amalya - "The work of God" LOOOOOVE it husband says it sounds Russian (no offense to any Russians out there), and our child will be bullied Can't Believe It

I think most of my other "out of the box" names he could deal with lol!

OutATowner

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:22 pm
iluvdovi wrote:
Would you name your kid Rochel/Rachel? It means a female sheep.. What

That's also a name from Tanach, so it's different for me. Again, I wasn't saying anything against those names, I just need a reason to want to name for its meaning, not just based on the sound of the name.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:23 pm
Well, dh loves the name gedaliah but I cant imagine using it...it seems like such an adult name, not baby friendly and there isnt really a nickname to go with it.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:31 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Well, dh loves the name gedaliah but I cant imagine using it...it seems like such an adult name, not baby friendly and there isnt really a nickname to go with it.

Gadi

iluvdovi

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:45 pm
OutATowner wrote:
That's also a name from Tanach, so it's different for me. Again, I wasn't saying anything against those names, I just need a reason to want to name for its meaning, not just based on the sound of the name.

I hear that! Happens to be I'm not a fan of the name, I feel like (where I live) people who want a little less traditional name give Ayala and Atara etc and they are becoming overused. Also, if I am going to pick a name out of a hat I want it to have a beautiful and special meaning.

My son's name is Natanel Very Happy

Bruria

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:55 pm
Athaliah is pretty, given her history would never use it.
Rahav is also nice, but wouldn't either.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:57 pm
I have two grandfathers to name after and I have 7 girls in a row (I do have one boy - he's my second oldest). I've basically given up on having another boy but I keep saying that that I should just use the feminine versions of their names: one grandfather was Daniel Eliyahu but he was Russian so his nickname was Elleh so I would have a Daniella and call her Ella for short. The other grandfather was Benzion and I love the name Bat-Tzion.

But neither my DH or parents think it's a good idea so... not happening.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:27 pm
Elisha and Yeshaiahu
I love both names but my husband doesn’t

chasdie Hashem

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:51 pm
Shira
Yehudis
Singing Thanking Hashem for safe delivery healthy baby

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:01 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
in my family my middle name is nechama. I have one brother who's middle name is nachum and another brother who's name is "menachem mendel" My brothers were both named after specific relatives but my father named me nechama "stam"

I know a sister and brother, Yaakova and Yaakov What

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 2:35 am
For boys I love: Akiva, Meir (can actually use that bec it's a family name), Binyamin, Alexander, Asher, Ephraim, Zechariah
For girls: Tziporah, Yehudis, Meirah, Devorah, Shoshana, Kayla, Leah, Ruthie, Tova

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 5:00 am
I asked DH when I was pregnant if we could use Imanuel because I think the meaning is beautiful. DH nixed it. He said it sounds like a reform temple.

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:47 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I asked DH when I was pregnant if we could use Imanuel because I think the meaning is beautiful. DH nixed it. He said it sounds like a reform temple.

LOL LOL LOL LOL Sounds like something my husband would say! I love the name too!

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:54 am
Three names that are really pretty names.
I won't write out the named as I'd like to keep that info anon at this point.
But I'll never name after my mother. If she passes and I'm still having children.
And I won't ever name after her mother, my grandmother who's not around anymore.

They were both very mean and extremely abusive people. Emotionally, physically and phsycolocially.

I name my kids after people who led happy lives (not necessarily easy. But fulfilling nonetheless).
Who were kind and had good middos.
I hope they emulate them.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:05 am
I like a lot of gadol names that we will probably never use , bc we have family names and my husbands Roshei yeshiva .
I love Avraham Yeshaya and Meir Simcha. But there are tons of gorgeous ones.

I suggested naming YDD tamar after rbtzn shteinman and apparently my husband hates the name
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names