Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Party-planning a kiddush
Previous  1  2

iluvdovi

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know, and I keep telling myself that!
But it's not really to impress other people. I'm doing it for myself! I want my little girlie to have a pretty kiddush. It'll make me feel so much better. I moved way out of town from the depths of flatbush, so I really do know what over-the-top looks like, and I absolutely don't want to go in that territory! But I did give up a lot coming here, and so just for myself I want a nicely set up event.

I TOTALLY get you!! I am due for a girl soon-ish, and can't control myself dreaming up the most lavish kiddush Can't Believe It lavish kiddushim are normal here - I live in NY. I don't have the money for a lavish kiddush but I know what you mean when you say you want to do it for yourself, I am the same way, I dont do anything unless it's 100% what I imagined in my head I dont want to see

I would do a candy bar - pink and white or pink and silver or pink and gold or ombre pink (whatever your color scheme is) candies from the oh nuts website in apothecarie jars, with lil scoopers in each one.

You can do chocolate dipped pretzels in the color scheme using candy melts.

You can cut up fruit and put it (separately) in mini trifle cups w lil spoons - instead of a big clumsy DIY platter.

Veggie sticks cut up and put in small tumblers with dip in the bottom of the cup... lined up nicely.

Biscotti dipped in (color scheme) chocolate colors.

You can get personalized napkins.

I dont know if you want to get miniatures... but there are bakeries in NY and elsewhere that will ship.

Real food is always a hit Very Happy franks n blanks... potato kugel... and not too hard to make yourself.

Hatzlocha!! and Bshaa Tova!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 3:13 pm
iluvdovi wrote:
I TOTALLY get you!! I am due for a girl soon-ish, and can't control myself dreaming up the most lavish kiddush Can't Believe It lavish kiddushim are normal here - I live in NY. I don't have the money for a lavish kiddush but I know what you mean when you say you want to do it for yourself, I am the same way, I dont do anything unless it's 100% what I imagined in my head I dont want to see

I would do a candy bar - pink and white or pink and silver or pink and gold or ombre pink (whatever your color scheme is) candies from the oh nuts website in apothecarie jars, with lil scoopers in each one.

You can do chocolate dipped pretzels in the color scheme using candy melts.

You can cut up fruit and put it (separately) in mini trifle cups w lil spoons - instead of a big clumsy DIY platter.

Veggie sticks cut up and put in small tumblers with dip in the bottom of the cup... lined up nicely.

Biscotti dipped in (color scheme) chocolate colors.

You can get personalized napkins.

I dont know if you want to get miniatures... but there are bakeries in NY and elsewhere that will ship.

Real food is always a hit Very Happy franks n blanks... potato kugel... and not too hard to make yourself.

Hatzlocha!! and Bshaa Tova!!

Bshaa tova to you, too!
I browsed oh nuts' website, and I'm starting to put together some really nice ideas.
Thanks for the tips!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics