Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
LA residents

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:32 am
Hi, we are coming to LA next week and I see weather is very hot with high humidity. Just wondering if that's the case, as whenever I looked up weather in the summer it said Mediterranean climate and not humid. Wondering what's the weather actually like there now, as I want to plan accordingly . TIA

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:36 am
Where in LA?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:39 am
Pico

monkeys

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:37 pm
It’s cool in the morning and night. During the day it’s sunny. Definitely not humid.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:45 pm
So no problem going to the parks? Won't be unbearable?

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So no problem going to the parks? Won't be unbearable?

Do you mean parks in pico or amusement parks ( none of which are in Pico)?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:40 pm
I mean like universal. Are there nice parks for younger kids in pico or la brea?

Ellie7

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 2:59 pm
It's almost never unbearable in a NY or FL sort of way in LA. Even when it's hot, it's not *that* hot and it's not humid.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 3:50 pm
How old are your children and how much do they like pop culture?

Los Angeles can get hot but never humid which is why it's called a Mediterranean climate but even within Los Angeles, there are micro-climates. The San Fernando Valley is much higher than the West Side which is where Pico neighborhood is and the beaches are generally much cooler than inland.

Weather varies considerably. It was cool for a few days but I read we are heading for a hot spot. However, hot it is, it is never like East Coast hot with high humidity and generally cools down considerably after the sun is set. That is generally a big difference because in LA if you stay out of the sun, it is generally comfortable to be outside.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:05 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
It's almost never unbearable in a NY or FL sort of way in LA. Even when it's hot, it's not *that* hot and it's not humid.

This is so not true. LA weather is much more unbearable than NY. NY is barely ever hot. Universal can easily reach 100+ with 40% humidity (Valley can be over 100 too), whereas a standard day in NY a few weeks ago when people were complaining about the heat and humidity was 95 degrees with 45% humidity. An average NY day doesn't go above 85. No matter the humidity, 85 is way more bearable than 100 or more. Also, LA is not the desert - it is not dry. However, LA cools down at night.

It will be fine though - just take water.

Houston, however, is the really horrific weather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics