Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to make a Wedding in Yerushalayim?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 3:37 pm
I'm looking to make a very small wedding in Yerushlayim and am hoping you can help me with some ideas. Since it's such a small wedding (about 25 people), I'm having difficulty finding a place that's not too big. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

mp5

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 3:50 pm
Try Ganei Yerushalayim hotel, they have a hall that can be closed of to two sections and has a beautiful adjoining garden.
Mazal tov!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:23 pm
How about a nice restaurant?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:41 pm
I'm so grateful for your suggestions! I'll look into the Ganei Yerushalayim hotel. I like the idea of a restaurant. Do you know if they'll set up the chuppah or if I have to do that myself? If the latter, where would I begin? Where can I rent a chuppah, flowers, etc.? Are there any restaurants that you recommend? I'm looking for fleishigs with either Badatz, Rabbi Rubin or Rabbi Machpud. Thank you!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:45 pm
Yad Sara, Aish, yeshivat hakotel might be good options.

abound

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:52 pm
Are you on a limited budget?
Maybe you can do an upscale small bar mitvah hall? A nice shul...? There is a small Bris Hall overlooking the Kosel would you want that?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:55 pm
Thanks for your suggestions. I love the idea of making it near the Kotel so Yeshivat HaKotel might be a good option. I'm concerned about how easy it is to get to. Do you know if it's accessible by car and if there are a lot of stairs. I looked into Aish, but it's a fortune. Is Yad Sara the organization that lends medical equipment or is there a different Yad Sara?

abound

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 5:30 pm
the old city will mean either taxis or steps and is a bit difficult to get to.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 5:47 pm
I'm okay with taxis and a few steps. I just want to be considerate of other people.

A small Bar Mitzvah hall or shul are great ideas, but I need some help flushing out the details. Where do I get all the wedding accessories, I.e., chuppah, kallah chair, etc.? I don't live in Israel so I won't be able to go around and pick up these things myself. Also, if you have any shul and/or Bar Mitzvah hall suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

The small bris hall sounds interesting. What's it called? Is ti Simcha Hall at the Kotel?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 1:57 am
If you live outside Israel, why not hire a wedding planner to put it all together? Sounds like a smaller-than-usual job so will hopefully come with a much smaller-than-usual charge.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 2:14 am
A large hotel is a good option because they usually have conference facilities with rooms of various sizes that can be used for dining, a ceremony, and dancing. Most restaurants don't have room for dancing.

What kind of hecsher do you require?

Is a halavi place acceptable, or do you require basari meals?

You may also want to google "Jerusalem bar mitzvah venues" for ideas for smaller halls and venues.

Rappel

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 2:43 am
Ramat Rachel is a smallish, beautiful location.

But if your party if that small, then why not call up the Kotel coordinators and see if you can have the chuppah in the Plaza itself? I'm sure they've had similar requests before.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 3:19 am
Rappel wrote:
Ramat Rachel is a smallish, beautiful location.

But if your party if that small, then why not call up the Kotel coordinators and see if you can have the chuppah in the Plaza itself? I'm sure they've had similar requests before.

I second Ramat Rachel! My friend got married there and it was beautiful with amazing scenery. Her photos came out amazing.

A friend of mine got married recently in Gush Etzion and not only did they save a looot of money, it was a very beautiful location too. Worth considering yishuvim close to Jerusalem for a small wedding.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 4:20 am
The bar mitzvah hall overlooking the Kotel is very nice. I went to a wedding there that had 30ish guests. The chuppa was one flight up on that little overlook. They had lots of flowers and used Toubin catering. I came late, so I don’t know about the chair.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 5:44 am
You can make a wedding at the Israel Museum. Plenty of parking, easy access, beautiful outdoor chuppa.

Ramat Rachel is not cheap, but definitely beautiful. There is also a catering hall on the tayelet (promenade) which overlooks the old City.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 5:46 am
I remember being at Anna Ticho years ago and seeing a chuppa set up there.
Ramat Rachel is a pretty large hall -not sure it's worth it for 25 people. But maybe you can do the chuppa there and just have a small banquet hall for the meal (you can probably do the same at any hotel - use the wedding infrastructure and a small banquet hall for the meal).
I also think a wedding planner is a good way to go if you're doing this from overseas.
And Mazal Tov!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 6:35 am
I don't know about the hall overlooking the Kotel, but the Israel Museum and Olmaya (the place on the tayelet) are very expensive. I also suggest a party planner.

ETA, Ramat Rachel is beautiful but very large. They host weddings for 600 people.

abound

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 6:37 am
I am pretty sure it is called the Simcha Hall.
I also think get a party planner......they will put it all together for you.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 8:25 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I remember being at Anna Ticho years ago and seeing a chuppa set up there.
Ramat Rachel is a pretty large hall -not sure it's worth it for 25 people. But maybe you can do the chuppa there and just have a small banquet hall for the meal (you can probably do the same at any hotel - use the wedding infrastructure and a small banquet hall for the meal).
I also think a wedding planner is a good way to go if you're doing this from overseas.
And Mazal Tov!

Lovely place
https://www.annarest.co.il/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:25 pm
I'm very grateful for all your suggestions. Unfortunately, I haven't made much progress. I looked into wedding planners but they don't want to deal with such a small wedding. I also looked into several of the halls, but they seem to be geared to larger parties. If you have any more ideas, please let me know. I'm looking for Badatz, Rabbi Rubin, or Rabbi Machpud. I prefer a fleishig place, but I'm getting desperate and will consider milchig. Thank you again for all your help, ideas, and suggestions!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions