Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Cheder - Vien, Munkatch or Imrei Shefer
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:35 am
Maya wrote:
One of these is not like the other two.

Which one is different and in what way?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:48 am
I can only speak for myself, I'm a proud imrei shefer mother. My son is getting an education that Vien & Bais Duvid are not even attempting to give there students. one example is the class size, while Imrei Shefer has a 18 students per class limit, the other 2 have an average of 30 students per class, this shows you what the Hanhala is really expecting from the Rebbi, both in connecting and understanding the students and the level of understanding the learning. I don't want to offend anyone but the difference between imrei shefer and the other mosdos is the diffrence between Private school and public school

wifenmother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:04 pm
The parent body in Imrei Shufer is very different from the parent body in Vien which is different from the parent body in Bais Dovid.

AFAIK the English department in Vien and Bais Dovid aren't lacking (when compared to other chasidish mosdos). They have (and at the very least used to have) a large non-chasidish parent body. Unless they cut down on English subjects since which I don't believe is the case. Class sizes are bigger than in Imrei Shefer but that's also a reflection of the age of the other two schools and the fact that they are a lot more established. From what I've heard Imrei Shefer hasn't intentionally kept their class sizes small...

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:24 pm
The English department at Bais Dovid is not comparable to Vien. Bais Dovid's English is pretty comparable to any Chassidishe Cheder in Monsey, and unfortunately very many students do not take the English periods very seriously. They are 3 different chedorim for different individuals, although there are some people who would fit into all three.

wifenmother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:31 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
They are 3 different chedorim for different individuals, although there are some people who would fit into all three.

Very well said!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:00 pm
Im very happy that my 12 year old son in Imrei Shufer is writing essays and doing algebra. someone in the English department in Vien told me that they never get to that, they never buy books in this level.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
I can only speak for myself, I'm a proud imrei shefer mother. My son is getting an education that Vien & Bais Duvid are not even attempting to give there students. one example is the class size, while Imrei Shefer has a 18 students per class limit, the other 2 have an average of 30 students per class, this shows you what the Hanhala is really expecting from the Rebbi, both in connecting and understanding the students and the level of understanding the learning. I don't want to offend anyone but the difference between imrei shefer and the other mosdos is the diffrence between Private school and public school

Huh, you don't want to offend anyone. Well Vien only accepts boys from Ashkanazic, European homes, and who are very refined and disciplined. Therefore, one rebbe is easily able to handle 30 boys. I guess your children wouldn't have fit the mold there if they can only tolerate a small class Wink

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
Huh, you don't want to offend anyone. Well Vien only accepts boys from Ashkanazic, European homes, and who are very refined and disciplined. Therefore, one rebbe is easily able to handle 30 boys. I guess your children wouldn't have fit the mold there if they can only tolerate a small class Wink

Yeah sure. Lol.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:

Please tell me thia is a post purim joke.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 10 2015, 1:06 am
The reinvented "Vien Cheder" now officialy claims that in the next few years they want to be excectly like Pupa and Satmer. You could verify it, ask any Melamed. Also recently they send home a letter of new tzniues rulles and what is appropriate for a mother to wear and what isn't. Ain't anymore the neutral Vien Cheder we were proud to be a part of. Plus the attitute towards every good thing from the old Menahel.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 4:57 pm
Can anyone post a number for vein Monsey Cheder please? Thank you in advance !

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 5:39 pm
I just read this whole thread and am sick to my stomach.

Can someone please tell me which religion is being described here? Cuz it sure ain't the one I know.

Feels like aliens have taken over Earth and call themselves the real people...

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 12:30 am
Its unfortunately the way ppl view cheiders today. Ppl look into how old the school is and make themselves up that old ones are the best ones. I send to imrei shafer it didnt used to have brand name since they are not so old like beis dovid . Imrei shafer in my eyes are what every parent . I promise. Would love and want such a school/ cheider for their kids! It's the way it runs . Just so g-dly and not judging by looks ... they put so much into the kids. kids should have a simcha's chiem to yiddishkiet . They want the kids happy. Its unbelievable! I had 3 boys there all came out bh bh thank g-d like every mother would want for their child. They dont pressure that the kids should wanna run away. They give the kids what todays generation needs. Love. I'm extremely happy! It's a chassidish neutral cheider. All types amazing academicly , Amazing high ups , Highly recommended! The other places are just the names .they want their kids should be in a top name school.. . ppl live looking what others say or what others will think about the cheider so they want top notch. again that doesnt mean its top for your child. Anyways I wish good luck wherever anyones kid arrive! I'm very proud imrei shafer parent. Highly recommended . It's an open minded cheider in a good way. Great menhal. Great melamdim .

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:37 am
I just finished reading all the messages . It's a real embarrassment to go against ppl and moisdes. I just wanna clarify. Unfortunately u can find smhitz all over . Regardless big rules or less rules. I send to a neutral cheider in monsey and would honestly only send my kids to pols houses where I feel comfortable. In the ultra chassidish moisdes sending a boy over to friend can be just as not good. We parents can choose where we feel comfortable sending our children . I mean by that that dont have to pinpoint on a cheider . U can find all types and kinds everywhere. I know fact imrei shafer is a mix they have lots of serious parent body too .I know personally very refined ppl there and they have other types too. I know that in the ultra chassidish u can find just as ppl u might not feel comfortable. In every place we need syata dishmaya meaning why pinpoint and fokos which school has better parent body. In every frum, litvish yashiva and so on u can find ppl that are different or dress immodest. I've seen the best frum moisdes have runaways...just saying even I would send to warmer, or square, vishnitz I would be picky where I send my child play . If u feel uncomfortable with a certain family.. u dont have to send your child to that house. I'm also picky where I would send but I wouldnt think the cheider is crazy...

amother
White

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:50 am
Why is someone reviving all years old Monsey school threads? What's the point??
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics