Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
MY neighbor is drilling my brains out.

champion

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 3:47 am
My Neighbor upstairs is remodeling and I am trying to be nice about it.
Today the drilling has not stopped since the morning. My baby woke up to early from her nap and I have work I need to concentrate on and I can't, 'cuz it feels like the drill is in my head.

...And I really want to be nice about it.
I realize how stressful and straining building can be, I don't want to add any more worries.
so here I am.... just to vent .... Can't Believe It

flmommy

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 3:49 am
I hope it’s over quick! That would make me batty as well. As long as they do it during work hours I would suck it up also and keep my mouth shut. Good luck.

ssspectacular

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:19 am
Yes! So nerve-wracking. Can you go out and leave the work fr another day. It might be worth it.

Mollie

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:29 am
Will be posted to immediate reaction to thread titles in 3..2..1..

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 5:22 am
You must be living next door to me. I share a common wall with a unit that is not just being remodeled. They are doing a complete tear out, leaving the unit an empty shell. They are completely rebuilding from the sub-floor to the ceiling.

Work starts around 8 am (often earlier), and doesn't stop until 8pm. The other day I had to go over there at 8:30 and remind them what time it was. Banging head

All I can say, is B'H for Shabbos, or I wouldn't get any peace or rest at all. I miss being able to sleep late!

dankbar

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 6:10 am
Get out. Had that after c-section birth, the drilling right outside the window of my hospital room, from 7 am, that they were rebuilding, after Hurricane Sandy

grace413

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 6:14 am
So difficult. I recently had this for about 3 months! And of course during the months of the year that I work full time from home.

The good news is that it ends eventually.

emmes

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 6:27 am
Had this not long ago. My upstairs neighbor had their roof ripped off to build another floor. I woke up 7am, first thought was that the house is falling apart and we need to get out now! Was a total surprise. They had it planned out to have the new done before dark but it didn't work out so well. It was pouring the next day and I had rain coming in....

Now some advice to save your brain....
* tell your neighbor that they must tell you a day before he there's gonna be major banging going on. When I thought the renovations are finally done, SURPRIRE, out came the kitchen! My kitchen is right under their's...
* ask them not to work overtime. My neighbors wanted to do a quick job so the work went on till 8pm... I was in tears every night trying to put the kids to sleep after a noisy day (the quick luck took a year)
*If there's any damage to your apartment, tell them right away. Have them fix it right away. I felt bad to bother them when the water was gushing into their house as well. I didn't want to bother too much. I did complain but I didn't want to pester. Then I found a million seasons not to bother them just now (I'll call them after the baby, after the wedding, she is so stressed now....) At this point I already feel foolish to ask them to water damage that has long dried out.

Everyone has a right to renovate, but let your neighbors know beforehand!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics