Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby’s foot keeps getting stuck between crib rails

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 8:50 pm
My one year old moves around a lot in his crib. He picks his legs up and down and all around as he tries to fall asleep and even as he sleeps. His little feet have gotten stuck between the rails and few times and he really hurt himself. I already put in crib bumpers because he kept banging himself. But that’s not keeping it in and I don’t know what to do! Why do crib manufacture rails that are far apart enough that a foot fits through?

srbmom

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 8:58 pm
Did you try the mesh crib bumpers?

SingALong

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 8:59 pm
I had that once with my baby. I got mesh bumpers that went up pretty high. It had a certain way of attaching, I think weaving it through the crib bars and fastening very tightly with Velcro. Worked pretty well. And my crib was a new expensive crib, so slats were pretty close together. Somehow dd managed to get her leg stuck in at a funny angle

teachkids

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:12 pm
Try a sleep sack/wearable blanket without seperate feet

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:30 pm
I got the mesh ones first because I know the bumpers are not recommended but he had no problem pushing it down, as tight as I made it.

I wouldn’t put him in a sleep sack at this age. He needs to move around and since he’s never had it, I think it would be upsetting to him. Especially now that he’s standing and walking around.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:37 pm
I just use a pack n play for my kids.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:34 am
I got a tall mesh bumper after dcs foot got so stuck that I called Hatzola. I told them it's not an emergency, but I really need help. 1 guy showed up fast and immediately called for backup while monitoring DC's pulse on the foot. It was scary. I told him to just break the crib. When backup came he asked for soap. Bh the soap helped the foot slip out while each guy was pushing/pulling a bar.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:36 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I just use a pack n play for my kids.

Same, although my 13-month-old is showing signs of learning to climb out Sad

Rappel

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:38 am
Another vote for pack n play. I love the soft mesh sides, and that I can bring her bed with us whenever we go out overnight (no bedtime freak out).

Rappel

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:41 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Same, although my 13-month-old is showing signs of learning to climb out Sad

Sounds like my son. The little monkey was hopping in and out of his p.n.p. at just over a year. We moved him to a low bed, and installed a baby gate on his doorway - essentially turning his whole room into an interesting crib. That lasted us until he was 2.5-3, at which point he had enough seichel to not need to be enclosed.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:50 am
Rappel wrote:
Another vote for pack n play. I love the soft mesh sides, and that I can bring her bed with us whenever we go out overnight (no bedtime freak out).

Same! None of my kids ever slept in a real crib! We had one, but it was so annoyng compared to the pack and play. So much easier to lift baby, no legs getting stuck, no head getting banged. We got a softer mattress for it and that was it, until time for a toddler bed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics