Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How bad is apple juice (and other sweet drinks)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:26 pm
My kids basically drank water, milk and diluted apple juice. They never had cavities. But as they get older, 2nd grade third grade they want to drink only juice, soda snapple. Problem is my little kids all of a sudden are not happy with those options either. Is this just a part of life. I tried homemade lemonade they don't like.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:31 pm
I think cavities are more genetic than diet, but I still see most of that stuff as sugar water. I’d rather they drink water and eat an apple. So I just don’t buy anything. That way nothing to argue about. Beverage choice here is water or sparkling water.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:33 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I think cavities are more genetic than diet, but I still see most of that stuff as sugar water. I’d rather they drink water and eat an apple. So I just don’t buy anything. That way nothing to argue about. Beverage choice here is water or sparkling water.

Same. We have juice on shabbos and water/seltzer during the week. It's just plain unhealthy to be drinking that much sugar, with basically no nutritional value.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:35 pm
Liberals may attempt to crucify, but use a straw. It helps.

tweety1

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:39 pm
My kids drink water throughout the week. For shabbos I let them choose a "shabbos juice" one bottle per seudah. Any juice, not soda they want. I also let them buy flavored seltzer or from mayim Chaim I think it's called clear something- colorless diet soda.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 8:19 am
apple juice is good, very healthy
what is bad is possible additions
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics