Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Butter Pullover Hoodie
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:15 pm
I guess for boys the “in thing” ( as per my 8th grade son) is a Hollister hoodie.
To ds’s great dismay, I refuse to be it (unless they want to reimburse him for advertising).
Anyway, I was in Walmart today and saw a plain black hoodie for $8.00. Bought it... let’s see how he reacts.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 3:40 pm
amother wrote:
I guess for boys the “in thing” ( as per my 8th grade son) is a Hollister hoodie.
To ds’s great dismay, I refuse to be it (unless they want to reimburse him for advertising).
Anyway, I was in Walmart today and saw a plain black hoodie for $8.00. Bought it... let’s see how he reacts.

For gosh sakes.

If you don't want to buy him a Hollister hoodie, don't buy him a Hollister hoodie.

But don't buy him a plain sweatshirt from Walmart and try to pawn it off as the same thing.

Its like if you're in the group that gets tennis bracelets on engagement, and you had your heart set on one, but your fiance said that he doesn't like it and this is just as good

Tell him that you'll give him up to $X for a hoodie. He can supplement with his own savings, or he can buy something in that range. Then let him buy what he wants.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:

that sounds sinister.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 6:12 pm
Sometimes its not about the money, its about giving the kid confidence that they fit in. It helps them feel good about themselvs. If you dont want to buy Hollister, which if you look online you might find a great sale, then at least go to a store like Marshalls or TJ Maxx and get a diff brand name for much cheaper. U cant imagine how good your child might feel. Yes, I know the whole thing is pathetic, but thats life! I remember in my high school days, wearing "Gap" was the "in" thing. Now everything "in" these days is much more expensive.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 6:26 pm
It wont be $8 but you can find pre-owned clothing online for like half the price as new and sometimes basically new quality. (this is a comment to the hollister/walmart post, which I'm not certain if that was sarcastic or said in seriousness).

gilamom

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:49 pm
Unpopular opinion but I'd look around for the butter sweatshirt, MIL got one for DD for her birthday last year and it's so soft and she's used it so much that I looked around at some sites and ended up finding tons at the end of the season for my other DD for around $30. I ended up getting it from a department store site, I think it was Bloomingdale's or Saks, no it wasn't her first choice of color/picture but she loves it all the same and it gets tons of use.

bookie

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:25 pm
They are on sale in zuilily now if anyone is interested

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:39 pm
bookie wrote:

Thanks! Any pullover styles (not zipper)? Do you know approximate price? Maybe I should sign up to zuilily.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:54 pm
Thank you bookie!! We found a lace up pullover for $35 and dd gave me the sweetest kiss. This thread was worthwhile ; )

bookie

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
Thanks! Any pullover styles (not zipper)? Do you know approximate price? Maybe I should sign up to zuilily.

Yes there were about thirty five dollars

bookie

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
Thank you bookie!! We found a lace up pullover for $35 and dd gave me the sweetest kiss. This thread was worthwhile ; )

No problem my daughter was also thrilled.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 7:41 am
bookie wrote:

Do you know if there are any more sales going on now? My younger dd keeps telling me she really wants one too.
She'd prefer a zip up.

Kumphort

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 7:54 am
Zulily has recently. They only have few sizes left.
Century 21 had also
https://www.c21stores.com/prod.....D_BwE

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 8:28 am
Kumphort wrote:
Zulily has recently. They only have few sizes left.
Century 21 had also
https://www.c21stores.com/prod.....D_BwE

Thanks. She needs a medium but we're not not the lips in the back.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children