Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
It was one of those days...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:37 pm
Thing can be worse... things can ALWAYS be worse. But today was full of a enough minor things to make me wanna crawl into my bed and not come out...

Went straight from work to kids pickup, no break. Took them to the grocery knowing well that if you take children with u that your asking for IT. Skipped lunch and needed the bathroom but ignored my needs against my better judgment (theme of the day, btw) because I HAD to get this shopping done bec I invited guests (mandatory shabbos nachamu) and I needed to start cooking cuz tomorrow is a very busy day. Kids screamed for everything in the store. The 2 treats I bought they hated and screamed some more. When we got home I made them food they wasted, drinks they spilled .. got an important call regarding a new employee with mental health issues that I took on as a chessed, kids fought and screamed in the background of the entire call. I tried to get them to help me make shabbos. About 3 things got make (am I embarrassed to serve them with all that manhandling???) I couldn't even muster up the energy to discipline them. Theyre clearly exhausted, im exhausted. It wasnt worth wasting my breath. They are in bed now (silent prayer they stay there) and I need to go catch up on a ton on work. When is shabbos getting made? G-d only know...
My legs hurt from not sitting for hours (besides the bathroom which I eventually got to) I hope DH isnt expecting to come home to a wife in a good mood and gourmet dinner ....

Stars

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:51 pm
Coda meeting - stat. Or at least learn about codependency. I'm not trying to be mean but you brought most of this on yourself.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:57 pm
Yeah. also one of those days here.....

Baby is teething and super cranky. He's a terrible napper to begin with....

Kids came home exhausted and cranky from camp.
Kvetched and fought like cats and dogs. it was hard to watch. They followed me around doing their fighting In front of me.
Not eating supper. Tantruming for cheesecake and blueberries instead.....
My sister who I unofficially excommunicated, called and I picked up and I fell into her trap AGAIN.
Then I spoke to my other sibling about a 3rd abusive sibling and how to deal. (Huge trigger)
One parent is coming for shabbos. Hasn't come in maybe 5 years.
Other (extremely abusive) parent cant travel now and is anyways not welcome in my home.
I'm happy my parent is coming but I'm super nervous about it. (New community and all)
I'm a wreck.

chicco

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:58 pm
Wow Stars. Wow. OP I'm sorry you had a rough day. Happens to the best of us (maybe not Stars). Sometimes I find that when I am stressed I mishandle the situation and fall in deeper. But sometimes that is just where we are. IyH tomorrow will be better!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:59 pm
Stars- that wasnt necessary Smile im usually good at delegating and I always always order in my groceries. A few last min things didnt allow me to do that this week... no need for a diagnosis..

Ivory- in here with u!!!

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 8:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Stars- that wasnt necessary Smile im usually good at delegating and I always always order in my groceries. A few last min things didnt allow me to do that this week... no need for a diagnosis..

Ivory- in here with u!!!

Wow!!! Thank you for reminding me about groceries I need to get jelly beans for my kid for tomorrow for camp. Ugh I hate the Friday junkfest in camp. There is enough junk on shabbos....

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 8:04 pm
It happens to the best of us. Some days are better than others. It’s overwhelming to have a lot on your plate. Try to take it as easy as possible. If you planned on making 2 desserts only make one. Cut down where you can and it’ll all turn out well. And make sure to give yourself a pat on your back for doing a great job.

ddmom

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 8:22 pm
Hey, kids sleeping at 7.30 pm, you're ahead as far as I know!!! It's amazing!
Go lay down until 9.00pm
And then youre make shabbos!
It takes an hour when you have strength and no kids around!
(At least most of the preps! Peel vegetables, take meat and chicken off of the freezer, soak beans, boil eggs...)

simba

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 8:25 pm
Sorry honey. Some days just stink. Sneak some ice cream and take a quick shower. You’ll be a bit more equipped to deal with the next steps.

You got this.

saralem

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 2:02 pm
Simba--I totally love your reply. balm to soothe the frayed nerves. thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics