Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Public School forum
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 6:05 am
Would anyone be interested in starting a private forum for those of us who have children in the Public schools?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 6:15 am
I have nothing to be ashamed of (although I am posting ANON), my children went to Public Schools for the most part.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 6:20 am
I agree. I would rather have a private forum however for those of us who are navigating the same schooling system and culture while being frum.

It is a sensitive topic and I would rather avoid the Public school verses Yeshiva discussions. This would be for those of us who are in the Public school system now and would like support.

teachkids

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 7:15 am
I don't have a child in public school but just by seeing the discussions here I think it would be excellent for those imas who do.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 7:26 am
My kids went to public school and a
They are all sto
Still frum

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 7:44 am
I'd be game for that.

My daughter is in public school all the way through. My son got bumped out of public and he's now in a behavioral charter--- hoping to get him back into public.

Both twins are in 7th grade.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 7:47 am
Thank you,

It would be great to get this Forum started. I will reach out to Yael.

OOTforlife

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 9:33 am
I'm not in this situation, but I think it would make sense to include everyone who sends to non-Jewish schools, be they public or private. I know frum people who send to private secular schools and many similar issues arise.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 9:45 am
I would join this forum.

I think it is important to give frames of reference for posts so that people don’t feel attacked and get defensive.

I hope the POV of a mother who is trying to transition her child to a Jewish school is seen as just as valid as someone who chooses to send to a non-Jewish school long term; that we can be supportive of one another whether the reasons are financial, behavioral, academic, religious, etc.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:03 am
I’m just curious why someone would send to public school. I’m not judging. Just curious. That’s all.

OOTforlife

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:06 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I’m just curious why someone would send to public school. I’m not judging. Just curious. That’s all.

This topic has been discussed here many times before, so you could do some searches to satisfy your curiosity.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:26 am
My son is in public school. I would love a forum.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 10:41 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My kids went to public school and a
They are all sto
Still frum

Remember magenta yenta?

bigsis144

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 11:03 am

Me, personally?

DS6 has behavioral issues that our OOT Jewish day school does not have the resources to address. My other child goes to the Jewish school, as hashkafically I believe that is the preferable environment.

But BH DS6 has excellent teachers and support staff at his public school, so I would use this forum to ask for advice on how to supplement Jewish studies and friendships in the meantime.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 11:07 am
My son was in a program for frum kids housed in regular theraputic school and it had a lot of challenges . It was very similar to a PS environment. I would have liked the support last year. He is going back to yeshiva bli ayin hara. I hope you can get the support you need!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 11:43 am
Chief rabbis did too. Not everyone is lucky to live in town, not all cities have

sarahmalka

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 2:31 pm

I'm considering pulling DD out of Jewish day school and sending to public or charter school due to the horrible social dynamics in her class. Small school, no other Orthodox schools in the area to choose from, and no hope of changing the class dynamics (yes we have tried and spoken to administration, etc. etc.). Sad Exploding anger
If we do switch her, I would join a private forum like OP is suggesting.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Aug 16 2019, 3:58 pm
DS is in public, I would love a forum.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 8:31 pm
Love the idea of this forum

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 8:31 pm
Definitely interested! I pulled my son out for 6th grade- his now in 11th grade begging to go to Yeshiva but I can’t find one that will help him with his issues.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics