Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Uneven piercings - WWYD?
1  2  Next

Uneven Piercings WWYD?
Keep them in  
 62%  [ 28 ]
Take them out  
 37%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 45

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 7:16 pm
I just got my 3 yr olds ears pierced on Thursday and they aren't even!

Her ears aren't symmetrical either though it still could have been done much better. The left ear (which is the picture on the right) is done further away from the edge and a drop lower than the other one.

Please see side by side picture below:

I would love to take them out and just do again when she's older, but I'm scared that it will affect her nerve tissue etc.

Would you keep in or take out if this happened to you?

Those who think best to remove, do you know if there's even a small chance that it will cause any damage?

Edited to show clearer picture.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 7:20 pm
I got a second hole and immediately regretted it. I took them out a week later. I still have the scars where the holes were 40 years later. No nerve damage. Maybe go to a plastic surgeon who can use glue to close up the hole.

They really don't look that bad.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 9:34 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I got a second hole and immediately regretted it. I took them out a week later. I still have the scars where the holes were 40 years later. No nerve damage. Maybe go to a plastic surgeon who can use glue to close up the hole.

They really don't look that bad.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not clear though on whether you and the three posters who liked your post thought that I should or shouldn't remove them?

Would also love to hear some more responses. This has really been bugging me though I don't know if I'm just overreacting.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 9:36 pm
I liked her post because I agreed that they dont look terribly uneven. They look fine.

ChutzPAh

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 9:40 pm
Looks fine to me. Her ears themselves are not exactly the same.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 9:44 pm
I had to repierce one of my ears due to an infection and it was not even. It's more noticeable when I wear hanging earrings. No one's ever commented about it but I notice it all the time.

This is barely noticeable. I wouldn't let it close.

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 9:56 pm
It looks absolutely fine. I got my girls’ ears pierced a few weeks ago and the person doing it marked a few places on each ear for me to choose from. She said you’re supposed to choose what looks best for the ear not what looks perfectly symmetrical since everyone’s ears are slightly different anyway. So please don’t worry about it.

thanks

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 9:59 pm
My daughter's earrings were uneven because she moved. I took it out and had it pierced again two weeks later. She was about 2 months old, so it closed quickly.

crl

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 10:10 pm
I have super uneven holes because I had to get one repierced as a child. No nerve damage, I just don’t like wearing hoops because it makes it more obvious (to me anyway) but no real damage or bother and studs and dangling earrings look absolutely fine. Your daughters is nowhere near as off as mine; I think leave it alone, they look totally normal.

Wife1

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 10:32 pm
I agree leave it alone cause you'll make more issues with re piercing

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 10:47 pm
Something else to think about. My earring holes were slightly uneven and I had one re-pierced, pretty close to the original one. Well, the original one never closed, so now every time I prepare for mikvah, I have to clean out both earring holes on that ear (I'm sure I use both at some point [not at the same time], I don't even know the difference between them when I'm wearing earrings) and it is super annoying.

Tzivia18

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 11:33 pm
Honestly don't look bad at all to me. I would leave it.

sky

Post Sat, Aug 17 2019, 11:45 pm
My personal experience.

My daughter had her ears pierced even. The lady showed me that one ear is tacked down more and while the holes are even they look off.

She explained that if you take it out immediately and let it close then it will disappear. To do it later requires stitches and is approx $400 to do right.

We decided to redo it then.

My daughter wasn’t rhrilled with getting pierced again.

The first hole didn’t heal nicely. It down about 6 months constantly infected and swollen.

Now 2 years later you cannot see the first hole at all. They are uneven if you’d measure the ear. But when you look at her face forward it looks right.

But personally I’m not sure if the whole saga was worth it.

For you don’t look at each ear on its own. Look at her face and how they look from that angle because that is what matters.

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:10 am
My holes are uneven.
Never bothered me too much and no one notices. My ears are far apart and they're not off enough to notice.

nchr

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:52 am
I'd leave it, unless you think your daughter will want multiple ear holes later in life because when you have more than one, it's important to have them even or that you have smartly used all of the lobe space.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 3:09 pm
Well nchr, that's a novel thought.
My kids blame me for everything, but thankfully even the one with 6 piercings in one ear (shudder) has not blamed me for failing to ensure that at her first piercing I used her lobe space wisely.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 3:12 pm
I can't really see how they could have been done any better, given the slight difference in shape. I think whoever did this did a great job.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just got my 3 yr olds ears pierced on Thursday and they aren't even!

Her ears aren't symmetrical either though it still could have been done much better. The left ear (which is the picture on the right) is done further away from the edge and a drop lower than the other one.

Please see side by side picture below:

I would love to take them out and just do again when she's older, but I'm scared that it will affect her nerve tissue etc.

Would you keep in or take out if this happened to you?

Those who think best to remove, do you know if there's even a small chance that it will cause any damage?

Edited to show clearer picture.

It’s not noticeable. Don’t put her through the needless additional pain.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:34 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Well nchr, that's a novel thought.
My kids blame me for everything, but thankfully even the one with 6 piercings in one ear (shudder) has not blamed me for failing to ensure that at her first piercing I used her lobe space wisely.

How did you manage to take the defense that on?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:37 pm
I'm sorry pewter, I dont understand your question
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics