Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Baltimore Inner harbor activities?

coloredleaves

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:13 am
We were thinking of going with our young and teenage kids. What do people do on vacation there? What activities? And what resteraunts for lunch and dinner? Also is there a weekday minyan close to the inner harbor? Or do we go to Baltimore community for that. Thanks in advance!

torquoise

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:23 am
Hi,
I'm not super familiar, but here's what comes to mind
Aquarium (a little expensive but really nice)
Science center (never been there, but heard it's huge and lots of fun)
Baltimore water taxi (boat ride) Never done that, but might be fun and not expensive
(Port discovery is for little kids. Lots of fun, but doesn't sound like what you're looking for.)
We once did axe throwing at Urban Axes Baltimore - it was fun, but it felt like a bar, and it attracted the bar type of crowd.... if you have boys, they will probably like it.

As far as I know, there are no kosher food options in the harbor. I don't know about minyanim, try The frum Baltimore community is about a 15-20 minute drive away, and you'll have way more options.
Try:
Serengeti
Dougie's
David Chu's (chinese)

For minyanim, check out godaven.com. Or the Agudah on corner of Park Heights and Pinkney has many minyanim throughout the day.

alwayscooking

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:42 am
Theres also a Ripleya Belive it or not by the harbor. There is a very nice zoo close by to the harbor. The minyan is not more then 15 min drive from harbor and so is the pizza store.

sky

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 1:42 am
I wouldn’t stay in the inner harbor. It’s not the greatest area. And no food or minyanim right there. Plus you’ll pay a premium price for hotel and high price for nighttime parking.

IIRC There is a hotel near market maven (grocery and pizza) and Goldberg bagels. Closer to town, food and minyan.

Another idea:
Oriole baseball game
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics