Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Let's emphasize the good

Angel

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:32 am
Every week we go to the kosel friday night and walk back through Rova Hayehudi.
This week I told my husband let's walk through shaar shchem. Was my first time. My heart was beating away, I kept on looking around me, walking faster and faster. Until I noticed little boys (with a kippa sruga) walking through the side streets. I was amazed!!
This just brings to highlight the special Emunah they have, I would love to be able to emulate it. It's ingrained in them from when they are little.

I think there is something we all admire in other sectors of Yiddishkeit.
If there is something you admire, write where you belong and what it is.

Let us get inspired!

tf

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:39 am
I’m from Williamsburg. I admire Chabad and other ladies therapists from different communities coming to this community and helping regardless of how they are sometimes treated.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:54 am
My home care worker is a Breslov "shawl lady". She is always covered head to toe, turtleneck undershirt, sleeves over the wrist bone, back tights, skirts down to the floor, and a shawl on top. Everything is either black or dark gray. I so much admire that she is doing this in the middle of August!

Dressing this way brings she a lot of joy. She absolutely does not judge me at all for being more modern, not wearing stockings in the summer, or uncovering my hair at home. Her thing is her thing, and that's it.

We spend a lot of time talking about emunah and hasgacha pratis, and how struggles turn into blessings - sometimes in disguise, and sometimes revealed. Every time I see her she lifts up my spirits. Very Happy

So next time you see someone who you think is dressed "over the top" (or even under dressed) don't forget that there is a real person under there. If you don't get to know them, you may be missing out on meeting an amazing neshama.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 10:12 am
I've always said I admire chasidim for the way they dress like in mitzrayim. No, they didn't dress like that then obviously, but they keep their form of dress and not dress like the non jews. Other groups still dress modestly, but it's not the same especially since when they show jews in the non jewish world like on tv, they show them dressed like chasidim.

Luvabitch for all the kiruv. I know other sects also do it and I admire them for that too.

I also admire people who are not very religious, but they still keep some things and even though feeling isn't enough, for some they have such a strong yiras hashem. The same idea for bt and gerim, they're strong yiras hashem. With the non religious or not very, reminds me of one time when we went to a hotel for pesach. There were a few people who either religious at all or not very. I don't remember exactly what they were doing, but something that was inappropriate. I said something to my dh and he said, at least they're keeping pesach. So true!! Since then I look at things like that completely differently. Actually I think since then I've tried being more dan l'kav zchus. (Another thread, how has your dh made you a better person Smile .)

polka dots

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 11:00 am
I admire balei tshuva and geirim so much. I feel so grateful that I was born into this amazing life. It takes so much courage to listen to your inner voice and act upon it and choose the truth. They leave their comfort zone often with big consequences. I am truly amazed of that level of commitment

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 11:49 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
My home care worker is a Breslov "shawl lady". She is always covered head to toe, turtleneck undershirt, sleeves over the wrist bone, back tights, skirts down to the floor, and a shawl on top. Everything is either black or dark gray. I so much admire that she is doing this in the middle of August!

Dressing this way brings she a lot of joy. She absolutely does not judge me at all for being more modern, not wearing stockings in the summer, or uncovering my hair at home. Her thing is her thing, and that's it.

We spend a lot of time talking about emunah and hasgacha pratis, and how struggles turn into blessings - sometimes in disguise, and sometimes revealed. Every time I see her she lifts up my spirits. Very Happy

So next time you see someone who you think is dressed "over the top" (or even under dressed) don't forget that there is a real person under there. If you don't get to know them, you may be missing out on meeting an amazing neshama.

FF.... In theory that's a beautiful sentiment
But you shouldn't know that every tragedy in Jewish history
Christianity
Islam
Karrarites
Started off with sincere well meaning people straying from our mesora to the right or to the left

simba

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:27 pm
I am Chabad.
I do much admire the Sephardic women (or really any non-typical religious women) that keep the mitzva of Mikvah if nothing else.

As an frum FFB it is so hard for me and then I go and see women in the waiting room in shorts and a tank top and I feel really stupid and small.

It’s amazing and beautiful and thank you for inspiring me.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:34 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
FF.... In theory that's a beautiful sentiment
But you shouldn't know that every tragedy in Jewish history
Christianity
Islam
Karrarites
Started off with sincere well meaning people straying from our mesora to the right or to the left

All I'm saying, is get to know people before you write them off. I'm specifically talking about other Jews, not other religions. We all have a spark of the divine in us.

No one is saying you have to be best friends with a burqa lady if you feel uncomfortable with that. My Breslover woman is not extreme like that. She's very live and let live.

If something is "off", then by all means use your seichel!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 12:44 pm
My Chassidishe neighbors are the nicest ever and they are truly involved in Chessed.

Angel

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 1:28 pm
I am always amazed by the women who I wouldnt imagine they were jewish coming to Mikvah.
I always admire the Chabad boys, anti semitism will never stand in their way.
And the Daati and Sefardi who cover in tichels only. Dont know if I would have managed not wearing a wig

Cheiny

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 4:54 pm
Angel wrote:
Every week we go to the kosel friday night and walk back through Rova Hayehudi.
This week I told my husband let's walk through shaar shchem. Was my first time. My heart was beating away, I kept on looking around me, walking faster and faster. Until I noticed little boys (with a kippa sruga) walking through the side streets. I was amazed!!
This just brings to highlight the special Emunah they have, I would love to be able to emulate it. It's ingrained in them from when they are little.

I think there is something we all admire in other sectors of Yiddishkeit.
If there is something you admire, write where you belong and what it is.

Let us get inspired!

There’s emunah and there’s also a basic concept that we are not allowed to put ourselves in a situation of danger.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:26 pm
https://www.yutorah.org/lectur.....blum/

Yonoson Rosenblum referenced this in a few columns, I think just last week's. Each speaker mentioned things that they really respected about the other's community.

Angel

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 7:25 am
Cheiny wrote:
There’s emunah and there’s also a basic concept that we are not allowed to put ourselves in a situation of danger.

But it does not take away from their Emunah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational