Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Last foster care post

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 2:05 pm
I tried to reply to best bubby but it got locked. NOW can we end all this discussion by people who don't seem to understand foster care

I didn't watch the video but I do transcription and frequently get family court cases.
First of all, removal is usually a last resort and the goal at first is parental reunification. Only if CPS sees sees they're not trying to fix the situation or the parent voluntarily surrenders do they move to adoption/termination of parental rights
Usually a parent is called "uncooperative" when they refuse to attend whatever counseling is ordered (anger management, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc) and/or refusing/ignoring drug tests repeatedly. And yes, that will change the goal from reunificaiton to termination
Family court is not jury-based. The judge is called the trier of facts. It's to protect the kids. We use initials of the kids to protect privacy as much as possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics