Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vermont- last week in August

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 4:24 pm
Hi all!

I'm looking for more information about Vermont for next week. Any suggestions where a family of 6 can stay/hotel recommendation with a suite for a few days- not referring to a program. Also, is there any place to daven?
Thanks

ima22

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 5:39 pm
We stayed once in the holiday inn resort by mt. Ascutney. Beautiful accommodations, full kitchen so we brought out own food and double wrapped. No minyan though

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 5:56 pm
Smugglers Notch has huge villas

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 6:43 pm
I'm currently in Vermont. We rented a beautiful three bedroom condo in the Killington Resort area for about two or two fifty a night. It has space for a couple with six kids. There is a program here but the mountain has so many different areas that we haven't seen anyone directly in our area. Minyan is about a three minute drive from here but I don't know if they'll have through next week. PM me if you'd like more info.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 10:08 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I'm currently in Vermont. We rented a beautiful three bedroom condo in the Killington Resort area for about two or two fifty a night. It has space for a couple with six kids. There is a program here but the mountain has so many different areas that we haven't seen anyone directly in our area. Minyan is about a three minute drive from here but I don't know if they'll have through next week. PM me if you'd like more info.

Are you renting through the program? Do they let u use the minyan?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 8:34 am
We rented privately as the program was already booked. Based on the email with information I received from him, he prefers that people don’t use his program’s minyan if they’re not a part of his program. There is another minyan here currently. I don’t know that they’ll still be here next week iyh.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:20 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
We rented privately as the program was already booked. Based on the email with information I received from him, he prefers that people don’t use his program’s minyan if they’re not a part of his program. There is another minyan here currently. I don’t know that they’ll still be here next week iyh.

Thanks so much for your response, do u by any chance have a contact regarding the minyan your using?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 1:08 pm
Thanks for the info!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 1:13 pm
My husband said that the private minyan probably won’t be around next week and that you’d have to use the program’s minyan. Would you like their email address to ask them about it?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 12:19 am
Where is there another minyan this shabbos

happy rock

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 9:02 am
I am going to be in the killington area beginning this Friday until next. Can I have the info on the private minyan for this Shabbos. Also love to make a minyan for that week. We are bringing 3 men

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 9:16 am
We are 2 men. Which area are you staying in?

happy rock

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 11:16 am
Smokey how do I private message u. We will be IH at the killington grande resort

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:54 pm
Just a heads up- Be sure you guys are near each other when arranging a Shabbos minyan. We stayed in an area called Sunrise which, according to Waze, was a three minute drive to the minyan. It is mountainous and there are many different areas. Walking that on shabbos would have been near impossible as it's uphill and very dark at night... having seen a bear cub on our way up, definitely wouldn't recommend it! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics