Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Beach in Monsey area that's open at night

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 8:15 am
Hi, I am looking to go out with my husband to the water at night in the Monsey area, does anyone know of a place that is open at night?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 8:21 am
Just please don't go in the water at night.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 8:36 am
A beach in Monsey? Monsey isn’t isn’t on the ocean or river. How would there be a beach there. Isn’t that like looking for a beach in Jerusalem?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 8:42 am
Hudson River is about 20 minutes from Monsey. Piermont Piers is beautiful. You walk along a pier about one mile across the Hudson. Don't know if they close at night though.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:20 am
Most places close at dusk, sorry

little neshamala

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:34 am
OP we always go down to nyack (follow rt 59 till u hit the hudson). U can put memorial park into waze-either go through the park itself (I dont know if its still the case but it definitely used to be open til 10) and you can go right up to the river-some parts theres a rock barrier, other parts you can get closer to actual river. There are benches and its very relaxing with the sound of the river...

You can also park right next to memorial park (if youre facing the Hudson its on the left) where theres an official boat launch and a wooden dock that is very nice to sit on, but its often occupied (but you can sit at the other end. People share it willingly)

Its not an actual sandy beach and you cant take a long walk alongside it, but its lovely for sitting.

There are also other places close by where you can walk right along the river, but im not familiar enough with them...

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:37 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Hudson River is about 20 minutes from Monsey. Piermont Piers is beautiful. You walk along a pier about one mile across the Hudson. Don't know if they close at night though.

Yes it closes at 9.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:39 am
And theres lake welch which is a nice sandy beach but im not sure if its open for walking around after the swimming hours close. U can call and ask

morah.coffee

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:39 am
There's is also a walkways along the Hudson in tarrytown (just over the tappan zee) which is open until 11. DH and I always go there. Put in scenic walkway on Hudson tarrytown and you should find it.

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:42 am
Beaches are pitch dark at night. Probably very unsafe.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 10:01 am
morah.coffee wrote:
There's is also a walkways along the Hudson in tarrytown (just over the tappan zee) which is open until 11. DH and I always go there. Put in scenic walkway on Hudson tarrytown and you should find it.

Is this the one within walking distance from the Tarrytown Double Tree?

morah.coffee

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 11:17 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Is this the one within walking distance from the Tarrytown Double Tree?

Don't think so, but possibly. It's right near the train station.

ProudMommie

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 2:46 am
As someone who was born by the sea and have been swimming from such an early age that I can't remember, my very strong advice is never to swim at night. Enjoying water is not for night... I think that you may be looking for something off the beaten path and private in the tri-state area, but I don't think it exists..believe me we have looked and did not find.. Though of course it is possible.. When you are near Cleveland I can definitely point you in the right direction. In the tristate area almost every inch by any body of water is commercial unfortunately... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:04 pm
There’s Lake Sebago which is very nice...

Optione

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:49 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
There’s Lake Sebago which is very nice...

I believe they're closed for the season, although I don't know why they closed so early.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:54 pm
OP please don't do this

2 yungerleit at a tel Aviv beach just died 2 weeks ago going swimming in the dark

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:59 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
As someone who was born by the sea and have been swimming from such an early age that I can't remember, my very strong advice is never to swim at night. Enjoying water is not for night... I think that you may be looking for something off the beaten path and private in the tri-state area, but I don't think it exists..believe me we have looked and did not find.. Though of course it is possible.. When you are near Cleveland I can definitely point you in the right direction. In the tristate area almost every inch by any body of water is commercial unfortunately... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Off topic, but where are you referring to in the Cleveland area?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics