Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is there an Escape the Room that's appropriate

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:42 am
Which escape the room would you recommend for a 'date with DH'? I want to go out with DH and this sounds like his type of thing, but I don't want to take him some place we'd be uncomfortable. He's a kollel guy...
Thoughts?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:44 am
https://www.onebeforeescape.com/

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:44 am
The escape room I've been to wasn't inappropriate. Are there inappropriate rooms?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 9:48 am
https://nyc.escape-entertainment.com/contact/
Prohibition Pandemonium game.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 11:24 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
https://www.onebeforeescape.com/

DH and I just went there and did the one with the Shpoiler Zeide. We used a Groupon. It was a lot of fun Smile and we beat it!

tothepoint

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 11:30 am
Is there an escape room that is not appropriate?

So far, all escape rooms we went to were clean. We loved high speed nyc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 12:05 pm
Thank you! How does it work? Are you the only ones in the room? Do you have others on your 'team' or does each group work out the puzzles separately?

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 2:20 pm
What does an escape room mean? Very Happy

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 3:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! How does it work? Are you the only ones in the room? Do you have others on your 'team' or does each group work out the puzzles separately?

It depends on which one you do, but generally, the whole group is working together. They may break up into smaller groups in a particular room to work on individual parts of the bigger puzzle, but it definitely feels like a team effort and not just individuals.

DH and I did one with just the two of us (One Before Escape, as mentioned above). We went to a different one where we were joined up with a group of 6.

WelcomeN

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 10:25 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
What does an escape room mean? Very Happy

https://www.onebeforeescape.co.....pular

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:25 pm
The video shown from California was quite scary. No, I am not looking to take my grandchildren to something with blood.

So we need some tamer ones!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:33 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
The video shown from California was quite scary. No, I am not looking to take my grandchildren to something with blood.

So we need some tamer ones!

The video on that page is not from the Jewish escape room. There's no blood there - it's all stories of tzaddikim. It's from a a not Jewish one that was visited by the editorial team from the Jewish escape room. Provides a great indication of what's out there.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 2:42 pm
WelcomeN wrote:
https://www.onebeforeescape.com/post/what-is-an-escape-room-and-why-are-they-so-popular

Thanks!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:16 pm
Quote:
The video on that page is not from the Jewish escape room. There's no blood there - it's all stories of tzaddikim. It's from a a not Jewish one that was visited by the editorial team from the Jewish escape room. Provides a great indication of what's out there.
I understand that, but I need to know which non-Jewish ones are not scary, inappropriate, etc. because I don't think I am getting to NY.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:37 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Quote:
I understand that, but I need to know which non-Jewish ones are not scary, inappropriate, etc. because I don't think I am getting to NY.

Why don’t you call the escape room nearby and ask which ones are scary? Usually they make it clear on the website which ones are more mature but you can double check. We went with a big group and it was really fun!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 8:11 pm
We went to an escape room in Staten Island and one of the rooms the theme was Bar Mitzva. The other room was battleship. Both very appropriate. It was just our family in the room. You don't have to be with other people.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 12:41 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
We went to an escape room in Staten Island and one of the rooms the theme was Bar Mitzva. The other room was battleship. Both very appropriate. It was just our family in the room. You don't have to be with other people.

What do you mean the theme was Bar Mitzva?

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 2:04 pm
The room was set up like a bar mitzva and u have to figure out codes and combinations etc to get out. The battleship room got a little dark but not too scary. Boys like it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries